Ares VR [In Development]

Roblox and people on roblox need to start moving away from that mindset. The free-to-play model works great, especially on roblox. But not all games need to follow that model. If you don’t want to spend 600 robux (Around 8 bucks) on a game, you don’t have to. Simple as that. (Btw, superhot and sniper elite are well over 20.)

2 Likes

It isn’t a mindset, it’s you trying to save well. I personally wouldn’t want anyone spending 600r just to play my game, as that’s overboard and dramatic. Right now, I’m attempting to make a really realistic game, and when I release it, I’m not charging anything.

That’s exactly why I didn’t buy SUPERHOT. I like the demo, game, mechanics but I wouldn’t spend that much on a game. I barely play VR anyways, unless I find a really good game. If I find a game over 600r, it’d be a mood killer and I wouldn’t find myself playing it anytime.

Plus, if he really wanted to earn money from the game, he’d be smart enough to not charge it on game access, and if he does, not over 600r. He’d most likely make gamepasses for revenue, as that’s a great method with a great price to it.

1 Like

Personally, I prefer paying full out for a game and all it’s content, and dislike microtransactions (pay to win, whyyyyyy). To each their own. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The benifits of gamepass are special perks that normal players wouldn’t be able to access, thats what makes them special and exiciting. If I were to play a car game, and all of the cars were free, even the fast and exotic cars? The game would get boring fast.

And that’s your personal preferences, not a lot of people would agree with you. Plus charging your game that much would make you loose out on players, especially the free to play ones. Gamepasses would be way to go if you’re looking for revenue, and if he is going to charge for that game, then I’m saying between 150-400.

This post has already 68 comments, if everyone that commented on this post played the game, he’d have already 7k+ robux. (105 per player because 70% of 150.)

1 Like

All depends on the game and how you earn stuff. You are right about a lot of things, my thought process was that if this was to be a vr exclusive game, someone who had an oculus rift would be able to chip in 8 bucks for a game. But I’m not going to perpetuate the argument, as we are both right in different ways. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The game is just one-time paid access as the current plan.

5 Likes

How much robux would you say it’d be?

1 Like

Have both a Rift S and a Quest 2, free Wednesday to Sunday.
Anyways, love your progress and amazing graphics man, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you should make it paid access, paid access games are not eligible for premium payouts so you might earn more with premium payouts than a one time purchase in the end. Of course this is just a suggestion and it’s your game so you can do whatever you want. It does not matter if you choose paid access or not, we will all support you.

4 Likes

is this just a tiled texture? or is there something else going on here?

1 Like

I’d like to do paid access to minimize extra game pass/monetization stuff. I make money off other projects and this is pretty much a passion project

7 Likes

The famous duo of brothers… only if my brother had intrest in improving on roblox, not messing around :weary:

4 Likes

I got an Index if you wanna try Index support, this looks really cool

4 Likes

Pls some demo video in multiplayer.

2 Likes

You uh… wanting testers? I have a quest 2… :flushed:

Jokes aside, my heart literally stopped for a few seconds when I figured out this was roblox. This. Is. Amazing.

My only criticisms is that the slide on pistols go a little too slow, and the footstep sounds in the main video of the post are a little weird sounding, and it sounds like you just used :Play() for it, instead, you should probably clone the sound, play it, then destroy it when it’s done playing.

2 Likes

I have a quest 2 I would like to test it

2 Likes

got a Rift S and Trackers if required

1 Like

I could borrow my brother’s headset to test it if you want.

2 Likes

Looks great. I was curious, from what I understand, the hands are skinned meshes, and if so, how do you manipulate them? I have been wanting to do it for a long time but I can never figure it out.

1 Like

I have a VR headset.
I also have a beefy computer, so I can give you accurate results

2 Likes