Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

Getting used to the amazing features (both small and big) of Argon! Finally I don’t need to depend on Aftman’s bugs and I can rather just use argon update. Saves so much time!

But the reason I’m replying is that I think you should default file names to .luau instead of .lua. Since luau is an upgraded version, it’s better to switch there.

1 Like

Getting the same issue as above when trying to connect with client priority on a specific place only, “Bad Request”

Also tried connecting to the first opened folder from the “problematic” roblox place, didn’t connect; also, you are supposed you get a “confirm sync” sort of message when syncing using initial sync client like in server? Haven’t gotten the message yet even when it does connect…

I left .lua extension because of the better IDE integration but I saw that VS Code recently got support for .luau, so I think it’s worth using now.

That’s extremely weird behavior. Please enable verbose output in both Argon VS Code (Settings > Verbose) and Roblox (Settings > Log Level > Trace) and then share the logs from the output.

Studio Logs.txt (182.1 KB)
With Verbose enabled on VSCode, nothing appeared in output
Do I need to restart my computer after enabling the verbose option in VSCode, nothing outputted even with a proper connection so
This is a separate place from the one that doesn’t sync (this one might not too, but I can’t connect to test it)

Upon Serve.txt (114.1 KB)
Logs upon serving- nothing more appeared when failing to connect

Hi! I recently updated to Argon v.2.0.1 and noticed that the file structure had changed from something that closely matched Roblox studio to a rojo-like “SRC → Shared/Client/Server”.

I attempted to switch it back by changing the project.json, to no avail as the files did not sink.

Is there an option that I’m missing or will functionality like this be added back in the future? Thanks.

You can initialize your project by initializing a quick project rather than a normal place one.

2 Likes

Okay so that’s definitely client’s fault. Here is modified Argon plugin: Argon.rbxm (334.1 KB). Please replace current with this one and send me the output.

@AridTheDev is right, you should use the quick template. All templates are explained here.

i have downloaded the plugin and it seems that the error is still there. not sure what im doing wrong

Already fixed this problem. Wait for the 2.0.2 version.

Just updated the plugin, got this issue:

I did try publishing the place and all that extra stuff with no luck.

Have you updated the server? What version are you using?

I’ve updated both the VSC extension and the Studio plugin to the latest version. And regardless of what I set the settings to, the issue just continues to occur.

Okay, but can you tell me which version it is?

It doesn’t say the version for the VSC extension, but I guess I got the version published at 2024-05-03, 22:27:51. And the Studio plugin’s version is v2.0.1.

I don’t really like this update and I was exiting about it.
It makes things more complicated. Now porting my existing games it would port everything from Roblox Studio and my space in Visual code gets a bunch of folders and data things .json. Where is the option to port only scripts and why after creating a new project it create many folders, before it only used to create the folders where there was already a script in it.

1 Like

It says right here.