Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

Sorry for the delay
Here is the About on VSC:

Hmm, my node version is 20.1.0 but on vsc it says that is using 16.14.2

Thank you, as I thought you are running older VSC version and that causes the problem bc C++ part of the Argon 1.2.3 was compiled for Electron 22.3.8 (you are running 19.1.11).

I will do my best to make Argon work with any VSC version but as I said I will be able to do that on Monday.

Thatā€™s because VSC comes with its own node.js and there is no way to change it. You can even completely remove node.js from your system and VSC will still work perfectly fine even tho it uses it.

You can check which node.js version VSC uses on the screenshot you sent. (16.14.2)

Alright thanks for the info!

Also i have a feature request, should i make a issue on github or reply here directly?

As you wish, but pull request on GitHub is preferred. Thatā€™s because it helps me keep track of stuff I have to do.

Is it not possible to remove the other options other than the menu? (I donā€™t think it is, since theyā€™ve keybinds, sooā€¦)

I just was about to reply you that itā€™s not possible to remove commands from command palette but I just found out that it is possible! As you said they are required for keybinds but fortunately you can hide them.

Iā€™m going to release the update very soon among with support for older VSC versions on Windows.

Argon 1.2.4

Changes:

• Commands required for VSC keybinds are now hidden from the command palette, thanks to @AridTheDev
  • Argon now supports multiple Electron and Node.js versions, thus more VSC versions are supported (Windows only fix), thanks to @speednino
  • Changed order of some of the Roblox plugin settings

Screenshot 2023-05-10 202213

4 Likes

Hello, good to see the new updates.

I just want to bring some attention to a potential bug. Iā€™ve ran into a small issue with opening the code from studio. If you take a look at the images below, you can see that the script is open in studio while ā€œOpen In Editorā€ is enabled.

Some repair procedures Iā€™ve attempted:

• Toggling ā€œOpen In Editorā€ option
  • Stopping and starting Argon sync
  • Restarting studio
  • Restarting VS Code
  • Reinstalling Argon plugin
  • Reinstalling Argon extension

No errors or outputs have been given from both the studio editor and IDE.

The code still syncs to the IDE. I can no longer double-click the script in the explorer and have it open up in VS Code. Therefore, itā€™s not an issue that stops me from using Argon.

Iā€™m getting some trouble with this, when I edit Code on studio it updates in VSC but not the other way around, editing in VSC does nothing

Do you have two-way sync turned on?

This sometimes occur when you have a little too many applications running at the same time (or if your computer is laggy). Of course, I could be wrong. But thatā€™s the only possible reason Iā€™m seeing for this cause.

Unfortunately Iā€™cant reproduce your issue. So I have few questions:

• are you using custom paths? If so please send me screenshot of your .argon.project.json
  • did the problem show up in the update 1.2.4 or earlier?

Could you please give me some more details? These things would be helpful:

• your current settings of both Roblox plugin and VSC extension
  • screenshot of your explorer (particularly where the code does not sync)
  • screenshot of you file tree in VSC

Iā€™m using the default paths that Argon is set with.
I updated to 1.2.4 and started to experience this issue. Prior to the update, it was working fine.
I havenā€™t used Argon for a week since 1.2.4 was released. I also used the default settings prior.
Is there a way to rollback to the previous version on my end?

Click the dropdown button beside uninstall:

This should come up

To rollback to a previous version for the roblox plugin, go over to Argonā€™s GitHub repositoryā€™s releases page and download the .rbxm file of the version. Next, put the .rbxm file in your robloxā€™s plugin folder.

Had a question. Are you on mac? If so, there might be some problems as the mac release is new,so there might be potential bugs.

I just rolled back to 1.2.3 and it works perfectly fine.
I think Iā€™m gonna stick to 1.2.3 until then.
No, on Windows 10.

Then it looks like v1.2.4 is causing a little trouble to some devs (including me, it got a bit slower than usual). Letā€™s just wait until v1.2.5

I will do my best to fix all of these weird issues in 1.2.5 update which will be probably released this weekend.

1 Like

Argon 1.2.5

Changes:

• Added stop debugging keybind (currently macOS only)
  • Open in editor option works when two-way sync is enabled again (seems to be less confusing)
  • Fixed open in editor option button behavior, reported by @umamidayo
  • Fixed settings order (VSC extension)
5 Likes