Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

In Argon 2 .source files got changed to .src. You can make Argon use init files by default using global config. You can even make Argon use literally any name or file extension using new sync rules set in project.json.

Also I recommend you use Luau LSP over Roblox LSP as it’s way faster, has more features and is still maintained.

2 Likes

So does this mean there could be a “argon -p [studio/local]” command? -p means port. I feel like this would automatically make it better than rojo since you can do everything rojo does, and allow for games that are structured differently to still work just like the legacy version without needing a weird converting tool.

1 Like

have you updated the wiki? Since the last time I saw everything is WIP

It’s still in a work in progress.

1 Like

No. As I said the “porting” happens every time you connect to the server.

You will be able to simply change the initial sync priority (destination) in the plugin settings which will ultimately work exactly the same as the legacy porting.

Is this possible now or a promised feature?

Right now you can only “port” from server to client. I’m working on two-way sync right now so when I’m done it will be possible to “port” in both directions.

4 Likes

The hype is real!!!
I loved new interface, I’m very excited to update my Argon. Thanks for continuing to maintain Argon, you’re doing a amazing job.

1 Like

Hi I have noticed a replication issue with the plugin when it comes to the listening to folder and file changes in vscode and replicating their creations in roblox studio.

The issue lies where if a file is created programmatically by a developer through the command line for instance, it would only be created on vscode in the developer’s local environment but not in the studio data model.

The correct behavior is achieved when creating files or folders in vscode using the context action menus or vscode keyboard shortcuts which do replicate creations in roblox studio as expected.

The indented behavior is for the plugin in vscode to listen to file dispatch events for creation anywhere on the source tree and accordingly raise a replication event to roblox studio.

Attached is an image of the roblox studio output for reference. The error on studio relates to the file deletion subroutine.

Argon 2 is finally here! :tada:

Check out the original post to learn more!

5 Likes

Unable to use Argon VSC extension in it’s entirety due to an error message that reads “Command ‘argon.openMenu’ not found”:

Repro:

Also, Argon VSC extension page, GitHub organization page and github repo page all show a “Get Stared” misspelled text:

1 Like

Also, installing Argon CLI simply unexpectedly closes the terminal, being unsuccessful at installing it.
I’ve tried running the executable with and without administrator privileges.

Repro:

I suggest more preparation and testing before releasing a product that could potentially fail on certain users’ end, such as my case.

Can confirm, same thing is happening to me too

1 Like

This was quite worth the wait! Really happy that argon 2 has finally released. Obviously, when released you will see many others reporting bugs but that’s always expected.

Thank you Dervex for another huge contribution :purple_heart:

2 Likes

It’s happen to me too!

So do I need to install an older version of the roblox plugin because I cannot port my code over from studio anymore which was the only reason why I used argon.

If you install an older version, then it won’t support the current one since the new versions are completely updated

The currently supported version does not have the one feature that even made argon viable over rojo (porting from studio).

Seems to be fixed now, thanks for the quick hotfix! :pray: