Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

Yeah that’s annoying. Let me know if Argon now works for you!

How quick are changes from vscode meant to update?

In like 0.2 second because that’s how often data is being synced.

it still isn’t working

Do i have to save the files for it to update?
also if I do have to its not creating instances or anything

also tried this in the game with the scripts already made and stuff and it didn’t work ether

Yes! You do have to save file to make changes appear in Roblox (ctrl+S) same as in the Rojo. The instance should create be created once you create new file in vsc.

1 Like

One second. Why you have all directories empty? (I’m talking about upper screenshot).

Shouldn’t there be a Roblox Studio → Visual Studio Code sync and Visual Studio Code → Roblox Studio button or does it build in with sync?

Alright I never thought it would be needed. Look how I imagined workflow with Argon:

If you guys want ability to port existing Argon projects to new baseplate I’gonna add that too, just let me know!

1 Like

yeah that would be very helpful
My team currently is using github and if this isn’t added we will have to go back to …
rojo

Sure I will add this feature soon (like 1-2 days). It will be located in the tools tab or/and will be synced automatically.

Sorry you had to wait so long but I’m very busy lately.

But here we are Argon 0.1.0 is now live!

Changelog:

• Added port to Roblox feature
  • Changed default root folder name to “src” for convenience
  • Fixed Roblox plugin behaviour when debugging
  • Fixed duplicated instances bug

Gonna update main post soon once I’m done with the usage tutorials.

Quick demo of port to Roblox feature:

2 Likes

Argon 0.1.1 just released!

Finally added documentation and fixed some issues. I updated original post so take a look!

When porting to roblox from visual studio code (I did stuff online that I want to post), I got this warning and nothing ported:

Are you sure you have updated both Roblox plugin and VSC extension. If so please delete old .argon.json. I did some changes in this file too.

Still getting Argon: FindFirstChild is not a valid member of CFrame (fhC) (x3) error. when porting vsc to roblox.

Okay I will look into that. Do you have any instances named “CFrame”? If so what class are they?

I do not have any instances named CFrame.

I think reason you are getting this error is that you have child instance named same as some CFrame property. Only solution I can think of right now is to ignore invalid properties and print them to user.

Problem is that I will be home in like 16 hours so I can’t fix that right now.

I do not have any instances that I see named, maybe it is confusing the .ClassName could be a possibility.