Arm Skeleton ( IkControll and Custom tween algorithm )

Hey fellow developers,
This is one of many devlogs I am making on a very big project I have been worked on, it has alot of advanced algorithms such as the a* pathfinder for the navigation system.

I recently finished another great system I wanted to showcase, please give me a opinion that could help me making the systems work better. Therefore all of them are using threads (coroutines) to make them work as efficient as possible.

Showcase Videos

Advanced Door system with arm simulation

Advanced steering arm simulation ( using real life based skeleton mechanics )

2 Likes

This seems like a very interesting project you have there, can’t wait to see what else you would add here.

Following just something I saw for the first video, does this mean 2 players, when both near the door, would play the same animation, even though another player is there holding the door already?

1 Like

This is actually not a animation which is being played to hold a door open, those are calculations made between the players hand to arm, which are trying to point at a attachment inside the door, the calculations are completely client based, no server Translation or anything like that to prevent the most laggs.

In the game the doors will be put into a folder, with a line of code the doors will be client only and not visible to the server, each player gets their own door to prevent exploiters from manipulate those.

The system goes through each player, client based, if the player is visible to the camera and not that far away from the client, then the calculations will be made, else no changes will be made locally.
It goes into a for i=1 loop and makes a thread for each player.

So the simple answer is, yes when 2 players stands to a door, both of them will try to hold them open, if I would try to change that, then it would probably cause desync issues between both clients.

2 Likes