Art Dump: Swordland - Sky Dojo

Here is a finished commission I did for Arctanh that I did for $180 before Exanut completely sabotaged my work. These are a set of islands with Japanese-styled architectural builds. This entire map, including the terrain work and brick builds, are made by me. The only assets shown here that I did not make are the 3D meshes + textures that go with them, fire particle effects (Though the billboard lighting effect is made by me), skybox, and waterfall particle effects.

I was tasked to create a series of sky islands that are calm and relaxing. This map took around 4 weeks to complete.

I will have all screenshots here organized based on each level. Each island = a different level (Example: Level 1, Level 2, etc.) I do ask for any constructive criticism you have so that I may approve upon my future builds, though do note that if you feel there are any possible details lacking, it could be because of the details either being minimal or removed by commissioner request. Without further-a-do, I hope you enjoy my build.

This is my first time ever using 2D images for background skybox detail. So here are some close-ups of the clouds and mountain that you can see from afar! (If you have your graphics turned up enough)

Thank you for viewing my artdump on Swordland - Sky Dojo. I had a lot of fun creating this map and it’s been a great pleasure working with Arctanh. I know absolutely nothing about Japanese culture, architecture, and writing, so I’m just really crossing my fingers that I made everything here as correct as possible!

Interested in seeing more of my works? Check out my portfolio!!

9 Likes

This look good, and it has a good amount of detail, but keep on building.

1 Like

How did you get to this level?

1 Like

Looks better than what I ever would be able to do!

1 Like

Looks so good I like the detail you put on your game good job :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The detail is really good, and the build is really amazing!

1 Like

Bump! This ENTIRE post is now revamped and has a lot more content to show! Check it out! :smile:

1 Like