Asset Configuration: Set default creator per game

As a Roblox developer, it is currently difficult to quickly upload instances to your group’s inventory when in a group game because the asset configuration menu defaults to the user as the creator. Allowing for a setting so I don’t have to scroll to my group would and rather default to the group the game is owned by would make this easier.

There also exists a bug that lists every group that I’m a member of despite not having the proper permissions in them that was reported in August and still has not yet been fixed.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my game / my development experience because it would allow me to quickly upload the instances I need to use with AssetService or workarounds with HumanoidDescriptions. I cannot use the existing images I’ve uploaded in the past to replace clothing with the current way that HumanoidDescriptions operate and most opt to reupload them as Shirt/Pants instances, respectively.

4 Likes

I second this. As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to configure and have the Creator of an asset become a group by default when uploading an asset through a group.

It’s hard to know or remember what the “Creator” section is set to whenever I configure and upload an asset through Asset Configuration as I want to make sure my Group gets the right asset in-time for an important update or animations yet to be set. Whatever the Modal is doing as set by default, it isn’t the greatest as a developer who frequently uses this.

If they allowed this, it would improve my development workflow because I can safely and transition my assets without having to mistake or configure anything without having to think twice or upload twice.