Asset configuration menu shows all groups in dropdown

With the recent release of Configure Assets in Studio we were given a “Ownership” category. All of my groups and not just those that I have the “Create group items” permissions appear in the dropdown.

Trying to publish any asset to a group I don’t have the permissions for shows me what intends to be a “Submission Failed HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)” message but appears jumbled as well.

Ideally this menu wouldn’t display groups that I don’t have the “Create group items” permission in the dropdown. Currently it shows every group I’m in which leads to a bad user experience when publishing, as I can’t publish to the majority of my groups.

The bug happens 100% of the time, first encountered with Studio version 0.397.0.329146.

13 Likes

We are aware of this issue! Thanks for reporting!

4 Likes

How is this still not fixed? It’s October now and it’s become very tedious to have to scroll through 30 some odd groups to get to the group that I own every time I want to upload.

1 Like

Yeah it’s annoying, i had to leave many groups so i could i find the correct group easier.
I don’t know if it was supposed to be fixed, since the only diffirent i see is that “Ownership” is now named “Creator”.

This issue also happens when you want to “Overwrite an existing asset”.

It’s properly listing only games I have access to edit now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.