Asset Configuration [White Screen Bug]

ON MAC

In Roblox Studio when I go to import any assets to Roblox, the asset configuration page breaks like the image supplied. I’ve not been able to uplolad any ugc for months and have reached out to support to try and get it fixed and never heard back.

Please help! I’ve uninstalled Roblox/Roblox Studio completely and used the Mac Troubleshoot via Roblox.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High (I cannot publish anything, no matter what.)
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 6/15
Date Last Experienced: 12/17

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Can you provide logs? https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016022492-How-to-Retrieve-Client-Logs

We don’t have > Library > Logs > Roblox, otherwise I would’ve supplied them! I don’t know another way to find them.

Try clicking on your desktop (to ensure Finder is active) and press Shift Command G to bring up “Go to Folder”

Type in Users//Library/Logs/Roblox and you should see it?

Until this issue gets resolved, I’m pretty sure you could try the alternative of opening up the folder which contains the mesh file and dragging the mesh into studio. Hopefully this works, let me know if I didn’t explain that well enough lol

It just makes a noise that can’t find anything, I tried that exactly

Sorry try adding a starting “/” and your Mac username to that search. So “/Users/[your username]/Library/Logs/Roblox”

@MeshOfPaul, I have some more info to provide as well as logs.

1- this bug seems to fix itself when you resize the asset cfg window. The window is only initially malformed (when the window is first opened. As you can see in the op’s screenshot, the buttons are present in the top-left
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 12.24.29 am

2- this bug seems to only be present for UGC creators. I have tried on my main (this account, which has UGC perms) as well as on my alt account (which doesn’t have UGC perms), and the bug is only present on this account.

Specs:

And finally logs:
0.605.3.6050660_20240111T042448Z_Studio_3d256_last.log (21.7 KB)

1 Like

Hey @7z99 and @LilacBrush, thanks for bringing this up! Could you please provide a screen recording of the whole process from when you open Roblox Studio to when you run into the issue?

Yeah sure (might still be processing)

Hey @7z99, hmm that’s really strange. I’m unable to reproduce the issue, not sure why it happens for you. Is this on your laptop screen or are you on a different monitor? What resolution is the screen? Do you run into this issue with any other parts of Studio?

Also @LilacBrush, would you mind also sending the specs of your Mac? Similar to what was sent above including the laptop hardware, operating system, etc.

Laptop screen. It’s the default resolution (3024x1964 I believe)

It seems to be only when publishing to Roblox.

Also did you see this?:

UGC creators have a slightly different interface than non UGC creators which causes the upload window to be slightly bigger.

Hey @7z99,

I also have UGC creator permissions on my account and tried following your exact steps on my laptop screen without running into the same issue :frowning:. Let me see if someone else can repro.

1 Like

That sucks. If there’s any other info I can provide to help debug, let me know.

@leek_clee I have even more information to provide that can hopefully help you repro, it seems to depend on the size of your dock. A tiny dock, the issue will not happen. A large(r) dock, the issue will happen.