Asset Manager is Here (BACK IN BETA)

I had a bug when I enabled this that wouldn’t let me snap the smaller windows back into studio. I dragged my Properties window off to the side, and when I tried to snap it back into the main studio window, nothing happened and it was stuck as being a smaller window. After I disabled the beta for this it began working again.

Please add fuzzy string matching to the search bar!
A lot of the images I have uploaded are named things like “BunnyPet-Shadow”, and it would be helpful if the search feature was case-insensitive, and also fuzzy matched (so I could do things like search “Shadow” and get a list of all the images corresponding to shadow variants of pets)

In my opinion, shouldn’t the list view be a view mode that you can toggle between list and folder view rather than a hamburger menu-style view? So basically, like the old list tree view layout of the Game Explorer.

5 Likes

I am part of the Roblox Beta Program so I’ll have to give this a try!

2 Likes

Would be pretty awesome to be able to create custom folders to organise our games

1 Like

Hello

Please make the filter use levestein distance and show ALL results, just sorting it. Also make it less case sensitive.

7 Likes

My immediate feedback for this is that I dislike that the tree view can’t be pinned to the side. I like being able to quickly navigate my asset hierarchy, and having the tree view as a sidebar would be much nicer.

The fact that there isn’t a bulk importer for sounds yet, or somewhere we can at least put all of our sounds outside of the data model, is frankly astonishing and really hurts my workflow personally.

Finally, much like others have suggested, the ability to create custom folders within the asset manager would be nice, as I could sub-organize my models such as by prop, architecture, weapons, etc.

1 Like

@Quenty

Thanks for the feedback. We likely won’t make significant changes to the filter before release, but we will be shipping a change next week that will fix the case-sensitivity with the Filter!

6 Likes

This is a great modern version of Game Explorer. I like it! I’m really liking these updates to Roblox Studio!

1 Like

Oh yes yes yes! Great work. Love when it’s easier to manage RBLX Studio. Especially for the newer users. Also it would seem better if there’s a “tutorial” you guys get me, or?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I keep running into issues where, when a large number of meshes have been uploaded to a single place, the Asset Manager fails to show any meshes within the folder designated for them.

1 Like

I just spent a hour debugging while on client play the ‘pentagon’ asset wouldnt show but it would show on studio. It would be nice to have some sort of way to know if an asset is ‘pending’ vs ‘denied’.

1 Like

It’s still a pain to export / import, Animations in Studio

This feature is now LIVE!

Thank you all for your bug reports, and feature requests. We are actively resolving (or have resolved) any out-standing issues. For the feature requests, what many of you said resonates with us and we want to implement a lot of what has been suggested. Hang with us as we push towards our vision of Asset Management.

Note: Documentation updates and changes will be shipped soon. I will update this post when we have shipped those changes.

5 Likes

Oh no!! I had no idea this was an upcoming feature, and now that explorer got replaced, it’s even more difficult for me to search through my images. I used the old explorer to import image frames to create GIFs, and the UI was easier for me to navigate through, although it was time consuming because I had to copy the ID from each decal. Now that everything is a big icon AND is sorted alphabetically, all of my frames are mixed around. :weary:

It would be really useful if there would be an option to sort from date created or imported.
It would be even more useful if I could select images, and have a script be automatically created with a table of all the IDs in the order I selected them.

If not, I would honestly rather an option to enable the old explorer because the current one is really difficult to work with in my case.

5 Likes

Really the only complaint I have is how I have a place called “Database” and typing “Database” or “database” in the filter shows no results.

Other than that this feature is super welcomed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That should be fixed next week!

3 Likes

I am experiencing issues with mesh importing. I have to upload my UGC hats today and I am not able to as the mesh importer is corrupting my meshes along with me not being able to see previously imported meshes. This is kind of urgent as I have to have my hats up ASAP before peak hours end.
(It’s already kind of slowing down because I’ve been trying to fix this :confused: )

(I do not have anything in blender that could be causing this).

3 Likes

I have the same issue a Ellzd here, while my situation isn’t as critical as hers, it’s going to affect everyone next wave if it isn’t fixed by then.

2 Likes

Hello, we will be flipping off asset manager for now, and a workaround will be shipping next week for loading all pages for assets so you will be able to see meshes. Thanks for the report!

1 Like