Asset Manager Phased Rollout

I would love too see a feature that will allow us to choose “sorts” for this asset manager.
For example: Newest Uploaded to Oldest Uploaded
This is so we don’t have to find the newest uploaded icon in the thing or search for it meaning this could speed work flow for some developers.

Dude, maybe go try the feature instead of making a giant list of questions, then whatever isn’t there go make a feature request.

1 Like

Hi @Zonix_Official - thanks, we have that request on the backlog. Would love for you to try Recently Added, which is per session, and let me know if that works for your workflow.

2 Likes

That’s not what he’s saying - he’s saying we should be able to change the size of everything in the Asset Manager so it’s more compact. Unity has a feature like this, for reference.

Edit: Although it should be said that the magnifying glass button to get an asset preview is a very nice feature :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Will this be forced after the phased rollout? I prefer the regular game explorer if I’m honest.

4 Likes

I think this question is prob the same as @SoaringKeyy post recently, but will we have to use this rollout? I dont understand what this is about yet, so I wouldn’t use this until I get more info about this…so I hope we can still use the game explorer cuz i prefer that one

2 Likes

I tried this out a while ago, but I ended up disabling it, as all I really use the Game Explorer window for was Badges and Developer Products; both of which are missing from the Asset Manager. I use the Toolbox or website for everything else.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Sounds like the new Asset Manager preserves all of the old Game Explorer functionality, with some new additions. This should be the attitude taken for every update.

I don’t have anything particularly contributive to say, but user made folders to organize assets will be HUGE for me and a lot of other people. Fingers crossed that that can come soon!

1 Like

When I went to beta features and enabled Asset Manager, I restarted studio but when I restarted, my studio wasn’t loading my projects in. I closed studio and I reopened to find that I was logged out. I tried to log back in but it kept giving me an error. After closing a few times it finally let me in. When I got to my project, I realized that it says my projects arent published even though I did publish them before. When I try to publish them, it says I need to be logged in but Im already logged in. Im not sure what to do

Edit: I reclosed again a few times and it is working now although the loading of the projects when studio is started is much longer than before.
Is my account still safe?

Unrelated. Read the following:

1 Like

Can I please please PLEASE have folders for organizing my assets? I’m going to be approaching over a thousand models in my current project and I often replace them in batches as they come in from contractors.

1 Like

I really like this new feature! I tested a bit, but, is there a Developer Products and badge button like the game explorer? I couldn’t find it…

Ah, thanks for clarifying @Pigeooon! I’ll add this request to our list.

4 Likes

Hi @SoaringKeyy - if there are no major issues, yes. Can you please let us know what specifically you prefer in Game Explorer that’s missing in Asset Manager?

2 Likes

Hi @mxjority - it’s a rollout, so eventually you’ll get Asset Manager enabled on your machine if it hasn’t already. What specifically do you prefer in Game Explorer that’s missing in Asset Manager?

2 Likes

Thank you, @Fluffmiceter. Love your take on the attitude for the updates!

3 Likes

Thanks! @FxllenCode is right, there was a site outage and is unrelated to this update.

3 Likes

Thanks for the pragmatic feedback, @UnderMyWheel. Will definitely consider these!

3 Likes

It’s just that im too lazy to read what the Asset Manager does, and i would probably be more used to the Game Explorer than the Asset Manager, and i dont want anything else, cuz Game Explorer is cool and looks nice to me no matter if it changes, but if it gets replaced, i dont want whatever replaced it. That’s just my problem

2 Likes

A really awesome feature would be the ability to create folders and add stuff in. It would really help me.

1 Like