Asset Preview - Preview assets found inside the script editor

Asset Preview

dark theme light theme

RobloxStudioBeta_r9MpYLgU0A

About

Preview assets by selecting their ID, or URL without leaving the script editor. Popular asset types are supported, such as Decal, Image, Animation, Sound, Mesh, Shirt, Pants, etc. However, you can’t play sounds or interact with 3D objects yet, this is planned to be released somewhere this month.

Features

• Preview any asset by selecting either its ID or URL found within the script editor, or by selecting an asset in the explorer window.
  • Supports both dark and light themes; adapts to theme changes automatically.
  • Preview animations, sounds, and videos in an interactive manner.

Download Here

104 Likes

this looks really promising, i’ll be trying it out later
imagine if roblox actually added something like this, it would be so cool

2 Likes

I agree, if roblox released features like this It would be sick.

3 Likes

Wow! SOOO useful! I love this idea and the plugin as well! Literally, perfect work!

I don’t wanna be that guy but… this should be in #resources:community-resources Recently they allowed paid resources as well

5 Likes

such a small feature that genuinely would only make things so much when convenient everytime it’s used. i love this idea so much

3 Likes

Hi Daw. Thank you for making this pluging, it’s one of those tools that in specific situations is very useful to have.
I have two suggestions. Right now the plugin opens by itself when studio starts. This is annoying because this plugin is only needed occasionally.
And there isn’t a a plugin button created so after closing the window I cannot re-open it.

With these suggestions I believe your plugin would be even better.
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

This is something you absolutely need every now and then! The amount of times I’ve had to copy-paste IDs and go replace a URL is crazy. Thanks for this!

I 100% agree with this, I closed it when it opened and then went to find the button, to which there is none. Please add one as this isn’t something you always want to have open.

1 Like

Was gonna buy the plugin and then I saw this. LOL. If this issue was fixed I would definitely get it, I just cannot STAND plugins that open themselves and interfere with my studio layout. cough zilibobi’s ui tools cough

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I will correct this behavior by adding a toolbar button. Expect this to come out by either today or tomorrow.

@ZweiForgot Will be fixed, no worries!

2 Likes

Pro tip: You can open/close plugin windows by right clicking on any plugin top bar and then clicking on the plugin name.

This will be fixed soon.

1 Like

I’ve got a feature request, and it’s not for utility but for fun. :point_right: :point_left:

Setting to autoplay sounds when hovered.

You mean like a setting that makes the plugin autoplay sounds that it detects you select?

I assume that future additions will have interactive sounds and models in a way that you consciously click Play, or Inspect. I would find it exciting to program if the sounds just auto-played as they are selected (or hovered if possible).

1 Like

Unironically legendary plugin, 100% worth the purchase.
No complaints here, great work!

2 Likes

Sure! Hovering is unfortunately not possible as those things are either locked behind C++ or CoreScript security.

1 Like

Can you make it, so the GUI only opens itself when you select code? Or is that locked behind some coregui stuff

I could, though wouldn’t it be annoying for it to show up each time you select an ID? since it would shift the space around the other widgets. If not, then I could add a setting for this.

Well, for me its currently annoying when it’s there and not used. I dont like the instant startup when opening studio. I’d prefer to have it open in an undocked window when i select code. But those are just preferences

Would be nice if you could make a setting for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s new

Version: 0.2.0

Added the ability to preview assets by selecting them from the explorer window.

RobloxStudioBeta_Bp3ilkUFHD

Added interactive sound previews.

Added interactive animation previews.

RobloxStudioBeta_48B4I5LYoc

Added a toolbar with a button to toggle the preview window.

eT1W3CNM4a

What’s next

• Interactive model and video preview.
  • A toggle to switch between R15 and R6 rigs in the animation preview.
  • Ability to change playback speed for both sound, animation, and video preview.
  • Ability to change volume for sound, and video preview.
  • A toggle for turning on and off looping in sound, animation, and video preview.
  • Ability to drag the slider.
3 Likes

you’re a gigachad for making this