Asset Preview - Preview assets found inside the script editor

I agree, if roblox released features like this It would be sick.

3 Likes

Wow! SOOO useful! I love this idea and the plugin as well! Literally, perfect work!

I don’t wanna be that guy but… this should be in #resources:community-resources Recently they allowed paid resources as well

5 Likes

such a small feature that genuinely would only make things so much when convenient everytime it’s used. i love this idea so much

3 Likes

Hi Daw. Thank you for making this pluging, it’s one of those tools that in specific situations is very useful to have.
I have two suggestions. Right now the plugin opens by itself when studio starts. This is annoying because this plugin is only needed occasionally.
And there isn’t a a plugin button created so after closing the window I cannot re-open it.

With these suggestions I believe your plugin would be even better.
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

This is something you absolutely need every now and then! The amount of times I’ve had to copy-paste IDs and go replace a URL is crazy. Thanks for this!

I 100% agree with this, I closed it when it opened and then went to find the button, to which there is none. Please add one as this isn’t something you always want to have open.

1 Like

Was gonna buy the plugin and then I saw this. LOL. If this issue was fixed I would definitely get it, I just cannot STAND plugins that open themselves and interfere with my studio layout. cough zilibobi’s ui tools cough

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I will correct this behavior by adding a toolbar button. Expect this to come out by either today or tomorrow.

@ZweiForgot Will be fixed, no worries!

2 Likes

Pro tip: You can open/close plugin windows by right clicking on any plugin top bar and then clicking on the plugin name.

This will be fixed soon.

1 Like

I’ve got a feature request, and it’s not for utility but for fun. :point_right: :point_left:

Setting to autoplay sounds when hovered.

You mean like a setting that makes the plugin autoplay sounds that it detects you select?

I assume that future additions will have interactive sounds and models in a way that you consciously click Play, or Inspect. I would find it exciting to program if the sounds just auto-played as they are selected (or hovered if possible).

1 Like

Unironically legendary plugin, 100% worth the purchase.
No complaints here, great work!

2 Likes

Sure! Hovering is unfortunately not possible as those things are either locked behind C++ or CoreScript security.

1 Like

Can you make it, so the GUI only opens itself when you select code? Or is that locked behind some coregui stuff

I could, though wouldn’t it be annoying for it to show up each time you select an ID? since it would shift the space around the other widgets. If not, then I could add a setting for this.

Well, for me its currently annoying when it’s there and not used. I dont like the instant startup when opening studio. I’d prefer to have it open in an undocked window when i select code. But those are just preferences

Would be nice if you could make a setting for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s new

Version: 0.2.0

Added the ability to preview assets by selecting them from the explorer window.

RobloxStudioBeta_Bp3ilkUFHD

Added interactive sound previews.

Added interactive animation previews.

RobloxStudioBeta_48B4I5LYoc

Added a toolbar with a button to toggle the preview window.

eT1W3CNM4a

What’s next

• Interactive model and video preview.
  • A toggle to switch between R15 and R6 rigs in the animation preview.
  • Ability to change playback speed for both sound, animation, and video preview.
  • Ability to change volume for sound, and video preview.
  • A toggle for turning on and off looping in sound, animation, and video preview.
  • Ability to drag the slider.
3 Likes

you’re a gigachad for making this

What’s new

Version: 0.3.0

Added the ability to move slider around.

RobloxStudioBeta_TUUCRe1llk

Added a toggle to switch between R15 and R6 rigs in the animation preview.

RobloxStudioBeta_wAriRFktjC

Added interactive video preview.

RobloxStudioBeta_gCZKYxb9Wv

What’s next

• Improvements to the asset id detection in the script editor (to reduce false positives).
3 Likes

This plugin is sick! Exactly what I needed for my modules. Thanks!