Assistant for Docs: Use AI to Build, Grow, and Monetize Your Creations

Are you running the latest version of Firefox?

3 Likes

I disagree. Having a smart search bar that can give me examples on ANY of the documentation, is quite invaluable. I also think that the quality of questions on the devforums can go up, with everyone asking the easily answered ones to the AI and more complex ones that the Ai struggles to answer on the forums.

In terms of low quality games getting produced now that we have a roblox AI, I also disagree. I think this will instead just raise the bar higher for what a low quality game is, and perhaps squeeze out some gems now that the entry barrier isnt so high. The only thing that would be disadvantageous could be scammers more easily being able to make content, but I think with training from Roblox to the AI that could be mitigated.

I really wish this was a thing back when I was just starting out on roblox. Would have saved me countless hours on the forums. That was back when the forums were still on site and people would ridicule you for simple questions, so not as helpful as the current DevForum, but still.

3 Likes

After using it for around 20-ish days, I’ve found this feature to be absolute useless. It sometimes fails to connect to the docs and most of the time feeds you unreliable hallucinations of information like all GPT models do. Never trust A.I. for information, instead use your search engine and research for information. In my opinion, it would be great if Roblox we’re to undo this change or at least add a toggle to hide “Assistant.”

2 Likes

when your own AI leaks your social security number :skull:

and its as racist as average roblox exploiter

2 Likes

Still dont have access to the assistant

3 Likes

Not sure but it might have some problems.

4 Likes

I had a similar issue. My solution was to logout on the affected browser and log back in.

3 Likes

This, But on Roblox’s end it’s a good idea as it generates more reason. There’s no reason for them not to implement this, as more games = more players = more money. Just sucks for experienced programmers

2 Likes

I finally have Assistant access! Let’s-a go! (Sorry, I’ve been playing too much Super Mario Bros. Wonder :stuck_out_tongue:)

Anyway, I haven’t used it too much, but I think the Assistant is pretty cool so far! One thing I would like to see added is the ability to save multiple conversations (or at least the current conversation) and come back to it later. I do this often with Google Bard, and find it very helpful. (Example screenshot below of conversations in Bard. Some of them are pinned to appear at the top. You can rename the conversations and even set an icon for each one.)

Even if the ability for multiple conversations is not added, I would like for the current conversation to be saved until I reset it. Currently, even refreshing the page will reset your conversation, which I can see being very annoying.

4 Likes

Been playing around with it for creating small scripts - as someone with 0 experience scripting on roblox it is impressive what it can do for you. Not too convinced on the asset generation side of AI but the script generation is a huge timesaver.

3 Likes

Hey Creators,

This feature is now available to all logged in users on Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub. Thanks for all your feedback so far - please continue to share!

5 Likes

true but i use it as an assistant and tutor. This helos me more and corrects my scripts more efficiently. Thus the bot cant remember you when exitted and still have some bugs. Unlike others, i learn more in an assistant

3 Likes

i think you teached him how to Java instead

5 Likes

Full noob review of AI assistant in documentation.

Anyone who thinks AI is going to take over scripting completely, is wrong. Especially with roblox assistant in specific.

Roblox assistant has been officially outsmarted by a noob.

Now dont get me wrong. The last 3 days I spent just asking assistant random questions, taught me alot. As far as im aware most of it seems accurate. I think assistant is currently a very good system for finding out about things you are not yet aware of. But its still up to the scripter to get the job done the right way.

The first thing I wanted to make was a play button. The button was in started gui. And the function i was triggering was in starter character scripts. So local to local communication. It recommended i put my script in the server which i did not want, and suggested remote events. So i asked again… “no i said local to local” and re explained. It took many searches before it decided to mention bindable event. Then it tries telling me binable events are for server to local commincation. I said no its for the same side of the server client boundary. Then it apologizes corrects itself but tells me it doesnt do client to client. Funny thing is i managed to make it work my way, without its help.

Next I wanted to pause a for in pairs loop. It recommended i put a while true do loop inside with a conditional exit and use a bool value object. I know how to do that, and it didnt work. So i took out the condition and just while true do and a print inside as a test. The while true do loop was breaking every 45 loops and the for loop was still itterating.

This is the funny part. Then it litterally COPY AND PASTED my non functioning code letter for letter telling me this is what i need to do if i want it to get stuck in the while loop. I called it out and it apologized for copying me letter for letter. So i said fine Ill debug it myself. I didnt even need a while true to make it work. Just a check for the bool value once every for loop itteration.

Heres my suggestions for improvement.

1. Give the thing a bit of a memory so it can remember what you said still after 2 messages.

2. Allow it to learn off its users and confirm info through documentation. It isnt programmed to learn from its users.

3. Encourage it to use updated information rather than depreciated code like wait()

And for anyone looking to try it out.

It could be used as a good source of information for research of hard to find information. But I would never use it as a copy paste source.

Learn to code. AI hasn’t caught up with us yet.

Happy coding…

10 Likes

I know I’m late for this post but I just have to let you guys know that I’m surprised at how scarily good it is. Even though I’ve only began to use it just right now, It literally has helped me so much in finding information otherwise wasted time scrolling through dozens of DevForum posts and not finding one that really answers my questions.

I wish I had known this feature much earlier as it would have saved me tons of hours trying to find solutions to the problems I faced.

In this example right here, I told the assistant about the problem I was facing but unfortunatelly I misclicked and sent the question without copypasting my code. However, it understood exactly what I was trying to say and gave the solution and the logic behind it aswell.

So after that, in the second image you can see that I put the piece of code with no context whatsoever as to what the variables do and SURPRISINGLY it somehow understood the logic of the variables and literally translated the logic from the first image to my current code using my variables. I’m literally falling in love with this AI.

I don’t really know what all the drama is about but I’m so grateful for this feature auhghhahhgh

3 Likes

literally

why do i need to use a certain amount of letters???

1 Like

If I may, what year is the AI version for Roblox? whether 2020 or 2022 is the same as cGpt

2 Likes

I haven’t found any info on that when I looked around; I think it does not have a “year” for its cutoff date like ChatGPT because when I tested it a while back, it linked directly to the sources when it got its information. Based on that, I think it is safe to say that it is always up to date.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.