Assistant for Docs: Use AI to Build, Grow, and Monetize Your Creations

please don’t act like you aren’t a beginner yourself, maintain a humble mentality

2 Likes

This is totally not going to have any problems lol.

Was not hard to get it to cuss.

Also it happily generated a script that kicks users based on their skin color for being “too dark”

ok lol that last one was fake but the others are definitely real.

12 Likes

There is also an input request aborted message. In principle, you are also somewhat responsible for the output. And you can use the scriot in parts for other things that are not discriminatory.

1 Like

I honestly think this is a great update but it does not compare to what GitHub Copilot can do.

2 Likes

I’ve just tried this, and it is amazing. It’s way better than just using ChatGpt or something. If it starts this good, there is huge potential for developers. This is officialy my favourite AI tool, along with AI code completion. Good Job!

2 Likes

Great step in the right directioon roblox, personalizing an AI that your developers can use you to fine tune experiences, and have them create things they want to create faster and more efficiently, will not only make the developers more happy but also bring in some more money; its a win win!

1 Like

The Assistant just froze up when I mentioned it was in AB testing. It’s probably paralyzed in shock at the moment.

1 Like

1 Like

This is good, but honestly it seems very tucked away and hidden. How would a new scripter know to find this? Maybe it should be in studio instead? Well, they are making that, but still.

You asked it to… what did you expect?

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s not rational that because of this you would get warned, except if the prompt is obviously against the rules. But yes! The AI is so much better than ChatGPT as it’s using the Roblox docs and websites.

3 Likes

this IS different. it is trained on data from the documentation, and can do basic things like math. assistant is supposed to be an actual tool. NOT a chatbot, like chatgpt.

2 Likes

they literally said it’s being rolled out.

1 Like

Great update. Having a specialized AI for Roblox, this will make looking for the proper information easier to find! I don’t have access yet, I am excited to try this new tool and see how powerful it is (or isn’t). Once I do have access, I will start adding this into my workflow instead of going to ChatGPT every time I want to use AI.

And to anyone who is against AI, having Roblox make better tools for developing is a good thing. Including a few things solved through what’s basically a Roblox ChatGPT doesn’t make game development effortless and even if it did, that would mean you can make bigger and or better games faster.

3 Likes

Ooooh, I’m impressed so far!

It sometimes makes a few mistakes here and there, although they’re relatively rare.
I asked it things about Parallel Luau and some other rather complicated things, it gives fairly decent answers.

Not sure how solid this is considering I still have to research Parallel Luau and SharedTables but the information seems pretty legit.

I like this update so far, seems helpful.

3 Likes

They don’t want to wait for an actual answer. That’s boring. They want a quick, low quality, literally AI generated answer that won’t solve the problem most of the time.

1 Like

Yes, the AI knows about games, I asked how to make an Angry Birds with DragDetectors

2 Likes

thats literally the most basic code you could write lol

1 Like

I agree with the person you’re replying too.

Your opinion is based on entitlement. You want to hold back a technologies true potential so that it doesn’t make peoples lives/jobs easier because you had to learn coding yourself.

This is coming from someone who has been coding on Roblox for almost a decade.

1 Like

damn, the assistant is insane :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. lol

1 Like