At random, plugins that are installed are uninstalled upon launching studio

Currently, everytime I head into studio for programming or working on a upcoming project by myself, all of my plugins that I install always get uninstalled or removed, please have a fix for this and why does this happen…

How to reproduce:

• Open up studio.
  • If already, plugins should be uninstalled randomly, if not, install some plugins.
  • Exit studio.
  • Open up studio and enter to a new place.

Studio version: 0.470.0.419147 (64bit)

Here is an error I am also getting:

Failed to load plugin permissions from cloud: loadPluginPermissionsPageAsync(0, 100): HTTP error: HttpRequest "PluginLoader::loadPluginPermissionsPageAsync(0, 100)": Got network error status: 504  -  Studio

7 Likes

Getting the same thing - see this thread:

4 Likes

This may have been caused by Roblox disabling group permissions, I think plugins got caught in the crossfire.

For now, if you absolutley need a plugin, you can fetch it’s source from the /Roblox folder and drag it into your local plugins folder. However, if you do this, you’ll lose any settings that it created and it may result in setting conflicts.

Plugins are located at %LOCALAPPDATA%/Roblox/{YOUR USER ID}/{PLUGIN ID}/{PRODUCT ID}

1 Like

I dont think group permissions are the cause of this. This bug has happened to me a few days ago, which the group permissions were only disabled today. However, then I was able to fix this by simply restarting studio and multiple people who were impacted today have told me restarting does nothing.

Yea, I restarted and no plugins. Not only that, whenever I redownload plugins from my inventory and go back in studio the previous ones I have installed disappear. Roblox needs to fix this issue ASAP cause plugins are extremely important.

Restarting does not work anymore, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for the report, we are seeing some network issues across our services and engineers are investigating.

@grif_0 this is an unrelated networking issue, it is not related to the endpoint for changing a user’s roles being disabled.

10 Likes

Can we get an update on this? it’s still a reoccurring issue for me. I’m starting to download plugins and just save them to my file since that seems to be the only reasonable workaround.

This issue from Mar 19 was related to intermittent service failures, and was resolved at that day. If you are still seeing this symptom it is likely a different root cause. I encourage you to file a new bug report if that is the case or check for other bug reports on it that already exist.

Closing this one for now since this particular issue was resolved at the time.

2 Likes