Atmos - professional skyboxes and lighting

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

3 Likes

I think this will be perfect for one of my upcoming projects thank a ton for this and I will make sure to credit you! :smiley:

2 Likes

I bought this plugin the other day, and I can say - after using it for about 20 minutes, my games looked so good with the skyboxes that has the incorporated lighting effects.

You guys did so amazing at this, thank you for the very helpful plugin.

2 Likes

As someone who pretty much hordes every skybox I find this is great, always trying to find skyboxes that fit the setting and aren’t too plain so this will help with a lot of that, thank you for making such a great plugin!

3 Likes

Very nice plugin, good work! It certainly helps to drastically improve the ambience of my place.

The only thing that I have noticed to be careful of, it does not delete any other sky boxes, including previously imported ones, ensure if you change your sky box, to delete the original sky box.

2 Likes

It’s time for an update to Atmos after a long break!

First things first, I’ll be updating the lighting settings of existing skyboxes with brighter shadows. Here’s a comparison shot using South Africa Sunset:

New:

Old:

This should not only make the lighting settings look a lot less contrasty, but should also be more usable in-game!

I’ll also be making a few tweaks to the UI. Now, skyboxes without lighting settings won’t show a lighting icon in the skybox browser. I’ve also tweaked the scrolling behaviour to be a bit snappier than before!

Finally, I’ll be expanding the lighting options to many more skyboxes! Here’s a sample of some of the skyboxes with new lighting settings:

Afternoon Sky:

Country Road Autumn:

Clear Sky:

Cumulus Fractus Afternoon:

D106 Road:

Fella River:

Fiume Fella:

Frozen Lake Mountains:

Gravel Floodplain River Drava:

Heather Field Baltic Coast:

Island Pag:

Macizo Anaga:

Meadow Cirrocumulus:

Mountain Desert Surrounded:

I can’t upload any more photos it seems, so I’ll get back to making these lighting presets for you guys! Hopefully you’ll utilise them in your own projects for quick and professional lighting.

9 Likes

Just released a new update to Atmos!

• Atmos is no longer in early access/preview! :tada:
  • The plugin icon now supports both light and dark themes
  • Various new types of skyboxes added to the Skybox Browser
  • The vast majority of skyboxes now come with brand new lighting settings
  • Existing lighting settings have been tweaked to increase shadow brightness
  • Atmos now checks for plugin updates, and will show a notification if one is available

If you have any issues, feel free to notify me below :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

I love it so much! I can’t wait for the cityscapes and urbans skyboxes to come out! :smiley:

2 Likes

Great work, thank you so much for your contributions!

2 Likes

Loving the plugin so far! However, they seem to clutter my lighting after trying out several of them.

Overall, it’s great!

1 Like

Delete the previous skybox after making something new.

6 Likes

Great plugin, but I can’t seem to insert atmosphere without it glitching out…

That’s a Roblox issue - try posting that to #platform-feedback:engine-bugs if a thread for that issue doesn’t already exist :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Absolutely loving it! Making my current work in progress look incredible. Would love to see some more skyboxes with less scenery around as the context for my place requires so. Thank you again though!

6 Likes

i wish it was free :confused: 30 chars

1 Like

I’m aware of the interest, but I need to be able to make a living off of my work. Plugins like this take a lot of time to create and maintain, so that’s why this is a paid plugin.

It’s probably not a good idea to post this on plugin threads - every plugin author has good reasons behind making plugins paid, and as it is we’re taking on huge losses by pricing them as cheaply as we do.

Hope that gives some context :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

thank you, maybe i’ll buy it some time

3 Likes

Just wanted to stop by and say that this plugin is the best R$150 I’ve ever spent.

4 Likes

I’ve bought the plugin 10 minutes ago and it’s ALREADY the best purchase I’ve ever made on Roblox. It is a great time saver and it’s sped up my lightbox searching etc about 30 times!

2 Likes

The drag around image viewing is really, really cool - is it done by putting the skybox component images on the surfaces of an inverted cube/sphere mesh and the camera inside the mesh?