Atmos - professional skyboxes and lighting

I don’t author or upload the skyboxes used in Atmos - they’re simply skyboxes aggregated from Roblox’s free model library. I attribute the publisher of the skybox in the library for every single entry.

The skyboxes are freely available from the library - this plugin simply serves as a more organised way of browsing them, with additional hand-authored lighting presets. What you pay for in this plugin is not the skybox selection, but rather the lighting presets and browser interface. For questions about licensing I’d get in contact with the original publisher of the skybox.

8 Likes

Are you accepting… uh… free skyboxes? I’ve uploaded a small selection of skyboxes from HDRI Haven to my account. I don’t have the plugin yet, as I don’t have enough Robux, so I don’t know if any of the stuff I’ve uploaded is already included in the plugin. If you’d like I could post them here for you to use in Atmos, though

I absolutely love atmos, I use it everyday. The pre-made lifting settings make it so easy to use, you wouldn’t have to fiddle around with lifting effects. The UI is really easy to use and understand, it makes it so easy to just quickly find a nice skybox.
My only complaint is it’s not got that many skyboxes, maybe a few cartoony skyboxes.
But other than that it’s an amazing plugin.

2 Likes

Totally worth the 150 :robux:.

I think it’d be cool if you added a UGC system, so people can upload their own skyboxes to be used by everyone, along with filters to filter out or filter in UGC skyboxes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t plan on adding a UGC element to Atmos, since it creates a whole host of problems with moderation, cost and maintenance, however I’ve been looking into other ways to let you curate your collection of skyboxes. Stay tuned for that in a future update :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

This is awesome! I would really love some “cartoon” skyboxes/lighting as well, as it would go in my game. If you add some, I would be greatly appreciative! I bought this plugin.

1 Like

I’m looking at expanding the skybox selection in a future update as well. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Are you able to delete these once it’s been inserted?

2 Likes

Yup - I have a fix for this in the works.

1 Like

I noticed an issue- if you have current colorcorrection effects or any lighting effects, or have already modified the lighting properties, after inserting one of these skyboxes it doesn’t remove old effects/skyboxes and fix all lighting properties. Is this intended?

1 Like

Yes, this is intended behaviour. Atmos only adjusts common lighting settings to allow you to change the others to suit the look you’re going for. Effects aren’t removed or adjusted as they’re considered separate from the lighting settings at this time.

You can see the specific lighting settings affected by looking in the LightingSettings folder under the skybox when it’s inserted.

1 Like

What a wonderful plugin! It’s always so difficult to find decent skyboxes and even more so to get decent lighting to match. I can’t wait to play around with this and see what I can get.

I also can’t wait to see what will come of this with the dynamic skybox update.

2 Likes

Hey, Can you adding some skybox from HDRIHaven? I really want use that HDRI in skybox

Just some suggestion xd

Awesome plugin, thank you so much for making this! It will save me so much time now, and they look amazing! Best 150 robux I’ve ever spent. I would have spent 1000 robux and been happy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear it’s helped you :grinning:

1 Like

Nice plugin, I would love to see more night skyboxes and rainy ones!

1 Like

My man, what are you even doing in this community anymore?
Go get hired as a UI designer for websites :tongue:

1 Like

So umm… did the lite version come out yet?

2 Likes

I just bought this a few days ago, definitely one of the best purchases I’ve ever made!

It would be nice if Atmospheres were included with the skyboxes, other than that I have to commend you on such an amazing plugin.

1 Like

Our team ROLTA got this a few hours ago.
One of the best decisions we ever made.
Here are the outcomes for the maps!

Before Atmos

After Atmos

(Note fans and the statue were added later)

1 Like