Atmos - professional skyboxes and lighting

Months later, I still love this plugin along with all your other plugins, especially InCommand! I have one suggestion: I would like to see more skyboxes without anything below them. I find these types of skyboxes are counterintuitive as they make the game seen less realistic. I would love to have more skyboxes that are just sky.

Side note: I see procedural skies on the roadmap, will this support it in the future?

2 Likes

If you could add more rainy skyboxes, I would love that!

2 Likes

This is a steal! Why are you charging :robux: 150?
This should cost at least :robux: 300! An excellent plugin. Super helpful and totally worth it!

4 Likes

Looks like a great plugin, but 150 Robux? That’s kinda expensive for people who don’t have Robux for plugins, Whenever I can get more Robux I will definitely try this plugin out, but for now ill just make my own skyboxes.

1 Like

As a counterpoint, 150 Robux is only 53 cents in DevEx terms (and that doesn’t account for the 30% tax and exchange rates to convert to £). I earn barely anything from it.

I do understand not everyone has the capability to buy things, which is why I still intend to release various other resources for free :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

True, i see your point on that.

And im glad youre planning on releasing resources for free, thats really helpful.

1 Like

With the upcoming release of Future lighting, PBR materials, and more, developers have more of an incentive than ever before to create immersive and detailed worlds. A make it or break it factor of this is the sky you choose. When prototyping, it can be a headache to find a good sky. Atmos solves this problem, a plugin that speeds up the prototype process by helping developers find high-quality skyboxes in a few minutes. These are so high quality, you may as well use them for your final game product rather than limiting it to prototyping.

As a wonderful cherry on top, Atmos comes with an intuitive, clean, and modern user interface with tools that make my jaw drop. I am so glad I can use this rather than scrolling through low-quality skyboxes or having to create one.

Before:

After:

15 Likes

The difference it makes is shocking! It’s crazy how just changing the sky and the lighting make the same scene take on a completely different vibe :open_mouth:

Looking forward to seeing the awesome things you build with it!

3 Likes

This Is Amazing! This would be 10 times better when procedural skies comes out.

1 Like

Hey,

I’ve recently noticed an issue with the “Clear Day” skybox that comes with this plugin. The issue has only started today.

There seems to be some clearly visible ridges in the skybox and the corners are now clearly visible. Here’s some screenshots to show what I’m talking about:

Screenshots

And also to show that I’m not just seeing things, here are some screenshots I took before the problem started happening:

Screenshots

Those 2 screenshots were obviously taken beforehand so it’s a bit hard to make out any details on the skybox, but you can still clearly see there is no ridging present and the corners aren’t able to be discerned. The issue isn’t exclusive to only that one game, it also happens in any other place (of mine that I’ve tested) with that skybox.

My game heavily relies on the skybox for lighting and atmosphere.

1 Like

Those colour banding artifacts are unfortunately most likely due to the limitations of images on Roblox.

Roblox currently supports 24 bit colour for images - which means that each pixel supports 256 shades of red, green and blue. This is pretty much the standard colour format for images right now.

The problem is that, if you have a smooth colour gradient that’s really large (for example, the sky), you might not have enough shades to make a perfectly smooth looking gradient - you’d need more than the 256 shades available.

As far as I’m aware, Roblox doesn’t support images or screens in other colour spaces at this time so this is unfortunately as good as it gets. I wouldn’t worry about it too much though - it’s a pretty small detail :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well I only ask because it just started happening yesterday and I haven’t noticed it previously.

Maybe it’s just because its a change from what I’m used to, but it seems like a quite a big difference and it significantly lowered the atmosphere of my game.

I can live with the artifacts (although those weren’t there previously either), but the main thing is that the corners of the skybox are now clearly visible. It’s hard to see in the screenshots I provided - you’d have to play a game with the skybox to see for yourself.

Alright so my bud made a bug report on this issue and a staff member replied with a fix. Thanks for replying, I just wanted to contact you first so I could make sure you hadn’t changed anything.

Your plugin is amazing and it’s saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, I love your work and your plugin is being used in a project I am co-founding. Are you going to add new skyboxes regularly?

This is the best plugin on Roblox!

1 Like

Can we get some fantasy toon environment skybox please! I’m begging you :pray: Wonderful plugin.

10 Likes

This is just great! Finding skyboxes from toolbox is tiring, this certainly is not.
I do have a idea tho, i see it is faced towards realistic and semi-realistic skyboxes. Try adding cartoon-ish ones with the low-poly style pre configured lighting settings.

Could we maybe get some night sky’s, this would help a lot for people who’s maps are at night/

2 Likes

I used this. This is amazing and I would reccomend this to everybody.

It is a good plugin although I wish he added more skyboxes as there’s a limited selection currently.

1 Like