Atmos - professional skyboxes and lighting

Been made aware of a potential loading performance issue on Mac-based computers. Currently looking into the issue - thanks for your patience :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just published an update to Atmos to address some potential performance degradation when checking for plugin updates. This should also address previous errors to do with the PluginUpdates module - it’s been completely reimplemented with a new backend which should avoid any large yield times.

This is separate from existing update plans, btw! This is not a feature update, just a patch.

If you run into any issues, please get in contact! Have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Out of curiosity when is a feature update planned? Also if you need some skyboxes I know how to make them. Send me a message he on the dev forums if you would want some. Just give credit in the menu!

I don’t commit to specific dates or feature sets, but I’ve been considering expanding the functionality of Atmos to be able to handle newer lighting tools like Atmospheres and Clouds, and potentially the ability to create and configure your own presets!

I don’t have anything concrete yet, so don’t take it as a promise, but it’s something I’ve been thinking about and designing towards for a while now.

2 Likes

Genuinely gorgeous, nothing much to say except I can recommend it 100%

2 Likes

needs WAY more skyboxes tho. too limited.

6 Likes

Bought the plugin hoping to be able to browse for a few skyboxes to use in my game with a lighting LOD system. The plugin is great, and the price is definitely worth it. However, the library of available skyboxes is very limited when it comes to no-sun skyboxes (skyboxes without a sun in the image). Searching for these returns close to 10 results, a bunch of which are solid color skyboxes or basic blue. I will absolutely be using the plugin in the future, however for this project, it seems Atmos doesn’t have a wide enough library of skyboxes to support what I want.

5 Likes

May not have many, but still a good recommendation due to what it has within it so far. I’m not saying there isn’t something better, but this is a good go-to to go-to :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey elttob. I do lots of lighting stuff if you ever need someone to contribute to that aspect. I’m fine with converting HDRIS and such. :slight_smile:

(I’m an environmental designer.)

3 Likes

I hope you would maybe add a way we could share these if we make our own because i dont want to open the plugin every time to see it (or add another skybox)

1 Like

This is an extremely useful plugin and I will be using this for my projects.

One question though; More skyboxes will be added throughout development right?

If so, I’d love to see skyboxes of cities as well for example.

3 Likes

I do plan to add more skyboxes in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Add something so we can locally save our own Skyboxes.

2 Likes

I have plans to introduce manual authoring tools to enable this :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Who recommends this? I don’t have much Robux right now so I’m wondering if it’s worth it.

• I recommend Atmos
  • I partially recommend Atmos
  • I don’t recommend Atmos

0 voters

Thank you to anyone who votes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I recommend Atmos, of course :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Atmos adds alot of lighting and reflection details in your world, but it has some problems in my eyes: the skyboxes cant be hidden (could be done using a box with a fake skybox for example), other than that its great for simple screenshots and such

Alright, thank you. So far 100% of people recommend Atmos so well done to the devs! I’ll think about purchasing it and I’ll read some more replies to see if it’s a good investment.

Hey @Elttob! Just wanted to report that Atmos is no longer importing lighting settings & Atmios metadata in my games.

If you want, you can PM me or add me on discord (Harry !#0001) and I can help reproduce the issue.

1 Like

It’s fine - we can diagnose it here :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you getting any errors in your output window?