Atmos - professional skyboxes and lighting

I am not. The skybox simply imports, nothing shows in the output window.

1 Like

Alright, interesting. A few things:

• Is your plugin up to date? Make sure to check there isn’t a pending update in Plugins > Manage Plugins
  • Is another plugin interfering with Atmos? Try disabling your other plugins. If that solves the issue, you can try to single out which plugin is causing the issue by turning them back on one by one.
  • Are you importing a skybox that has lighting settings associated with it? Look for the sun icon in the lower right corner:
    If a skybox doesn’t have the sun icon, it doesn’t have any lighting settings saved alongside it.
  • Can you reproduce the issue in an empty baseplate?

Doesn’t need updates currently.

(with the 5 plugins i use daily enabled, nothing else.)

I’ve ran through turning all 5 off one by one with atmos.

Same outcome.

Oh! Are you talking about the Configuration instance that used to be parented to skybox instances made by Atmos?

Yes. Were they removed? :flushed:

Yeah - that was an intentional removal a while back. I can consider re-adding it in a future version if there’s utility in having that information around.

2 Likes

Now that it’s no longer in early access/preview, it would be more fitting to move this to #resources:community-resources
Also, can you link the lite version if/when it’s ready? That would be really helpful for users who can’t currently afford the paid version. (If it’s already been linked, I apologize.)

1 Like

Atmos is a paid plugin, so it can’t be posted in Community Resources - that section requires resources to be free or open sourced.

On a lite version of Atmos: the plans for Atmos have changed a lot since it was first launched - there isn’t a lite version of Atmos in development at this time. From earlier testing and research, it was determined that splitting up the plugin in two halves would lead to a lot of dissatisfaction and a much poorer UX. There isn’t any good way of splitting up the plugin without either starving free users of features or ‘ripping off’ paying users by removing the value add of purchasing Atmos.

5 Likes

While looking through plugins I found a stolen version of your plugin, well a “V2”. As I see it, that is a compliment. It was uploaded by a name I have seen upload stolen plugins before.

2 Likes

do not download this plugin, the original does not ask for permissions to modify scripts within your game

I was curious about this as I had bought the previous one and wanted to see if this would work

2 Likes

Yup, that is what I noticed too while uninstalling the plugin in the plugin manager.

1 Like

If you could send me the link in DMs, I’ll forward it onto the appropriate people to get it taken down :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hey, will you be making more lighting?

2 Likes

I just wanna say this, I have bought so many gamepasses, commissioned so many people on roblox. But yet, this plugin has probably been my best purchase, it makes it so much easier as I am really unskilled when it comes to lighting.

4 Likes

This is an amazing plugin be with would be cool if there where added like 3 more skyboxes, but over all i love it since its very hard to find quality skyboxes at toolbox

1 Like

Sick plugin, recently i got an “error” The skybox changes when i join and the lighting is different. Any fixes? thx

Error

Amazing plugin, I noticed a lot of skyboxes made by alexutzu2001. I stumbled upon his collection on accident, and they’re pretty good! Very happy to know that you included their work.

add more skyboxes please, and add the other lightings like atmosphere, depth of field, bloom etc etc

5 Likes

This is a extremely cool plugin, will the plugin have the feature to load skies from Google Maps/Google Earth?

1 Like

that was probably the best 150robux i’ve ever spent i will never regret my decision

2 Likes