Attach debugger to client

This article says that in order to debug the client, you have to enable the Debug Client in APS Mode setting within Studio. Then there’s this post that says to instead select “Client” from the Attach Debugger To dropdown within Studio.

I can’t find either of these settings. How do I attach the debugger to the client?

1 Like

Ok so look do this
then Click settings then

then
Check LuaDebugger(which is already Checked by Default)

go into a random script,click 1 of the lines(clicked 2) image

A red ball will pop up and it will debug the line(Read carefully over it)

So is there no differentiation between client/server debugging anymore?

Also, it wasn’t working for me earlier because I was using the new VM which doesn’t support the debugger yet.

1 Like

You would have to wait for the new roblox update for that

1 Like

Accurate Play Solo is enabled by default for games and the option to toggle it is removed. There is no option to attach the debugger to the client because a wonderful follow-up thread stated that you can simultaneously debug the client and the server.

I believe that changing between debuggers is as simple as changing between the server and client view. That, or I believe they show up in the same windows and differentiate between client and server. You’ll have to play around with this some.

@EnqryptedAPI That relates to having the debugger enabled at all. Not related to what OP is asking.

1 Like