Attaching Meshparts to Bones

In my game, I have a rigged mesh character, completely made of bones. For the new game event, I wanted to make it possible to change the character’s appearance by adding some accessories to him. As I understand, the most optimal option would be to attach the meshparts on his bones. However, I do not understand how this can be done. Having gone through the forum completely, I could not find the working solution. If you know the latest and most recent solution how to do it I would be very grateful to you.

1 Like

Inside of every accessory is an attachment named after the attachment inside the character which the accessory should be attached to.

If you add all of the possible attachments to your model (go through any R15 rig to see which ones you need. I don’t think you need the rig attachments though) then you should be able to apply accessories just by parenting them to your model.

3 Likes

Hello, thank you very much for explaining. My character, as I said, consists of one mesh and a bone rig. And I really agree that you can’t attach attachments to bones, and even more so, so that when the character is playing the animation, the bone cframe changes. That’s why I’m looking for a solution and hoping that I can find it

1 Like

Maybe you can put little invisible parts in your model which contain and attachment and a rigid constraint. Connect the rigid constraint to your bone to make the part stick to the bone (bones are a type of attachment). Then you can add other attachments named for the accessory attachments and position them relative to the little part

here i show the little part in red. the highlighted hat attachment can be positioned however you want with respect to the little part and therefore with respect to the bone or whatever

8 Likes

Indeed, the lifehack with RigidConstraint is a solution. Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.