Attempt to realistic environment. [Terrain & Lightning]

:wave: Hey there developers. In the past few days I tried my first shot to the terrain tools and that didn’t do too well… At least not as expected. (See here if interested)

After that, I spent hours upon hours to try and make the terrain look as smooth/clean & good as I can! As well as adding some realistic trees, messed around with the lightning, added other nature related stuff (eg. bushes w/ flowers, fog) to try and make a realistic showcase. And I thought I did pretty decent… I’d like to see what YOU think!

Images below :

• Overall look :

PLEASE NOTE : I do not take ownership credit of the trees in the pictures above. They were achievable using a realistic nature kit from the toolbox. → The purpose of this showcase was to test my manual terrain editing ability, environmental design, lightning effects & so on…

Thanks for reading my post! Let me know what do you think of this! All kind of feedback is welcome! :wink:

18 Likes

So i wanna say this straight away, the bloom/dof is way tooo high and i cant see anything in some of the pictures due to the ammount of blur.
Some trees also look way more transparent than others, wich is not good, I also would not call it realistic.
You could also add idk butterflies and more flowers, as well as more bushes i guess??

3 Likes

Hey there. Thank you for your honest feedback. I must agree the bloom and blur effects are a ltitle too high… I’ll send you a screenshot of it without DepthOfField and Blur.

Does this look any better? Butterflies sounds like a good idea, only I don’t know how to make them fly around and such lol.

1 Like

ayy why there rain tho? and yes it does look a bit better without dof.
Tho i must say something and it is how bad studio grass is, it would’ve seriously been great if they gave us the grass that was in the hack week 2018 video.

Such a shame they wanted money instead of realism, Imagine how that’d look with the grass that was in the video?

1 Like

And windy foliage would’ve made it look so much better, such a shame honestly.
(that we don’t have it yet ofc)

Updated! Removed Depth of Field & Blur as it gave off a less realistic look.

1 Like

You’re improving! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

So… WOW!!! I don’t know what to say I am astounded. This doesn’t even look like Roblox. All I can say is it is excessively well made. you should be hired as a terrain designer if you show the employers this. Very good job!!! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @Troohook .That’s some really nice feedback haha. Never underestimate Roblox Studio’s potential, you can do amazing stuff!

1 Like

@Bloxquility dude anytime I am just like wow it epic. Ive never seen anything like it before lol.

I love it!
Well done!
Just to say,You could use the smooth tool in terrain editor so smooth out the edges on the tall hill things because the dirt/stone is a bit to sharp.

1 Like