Attempting to avoid "tilting" when designing an uphill-road

I am trying to make a ramp/hill-type road for my game as being shown in the picture below.

Now, what I am trying to do is to achieve a u-turn-like road to simulate climbing up a mountain. And to achieve that, I have to keep the z-orientation value as ZERO:

When I try using archimedes, however, the z-value of the road segment starts to increase as the road curves, which is something I do not want.

The goal today is to be able to create a curve that keeps going up with the z-value maintained either as ZERO or similar so that the road does not have a “tilt” effect. AKA, trying to avoid this:

I am also a few weeks away from doing geometry in my AP-cal class, and I won’t mind if intensive math is involved in the process of solving the problem. Please also note that I’m not interested in using other road-creation plugins. Thanks.

3 Likes

Have you tried using this plugin:

It was made specific that I’m not interested in using any road creation plugins. Sure, it solves the geometry issue, but the resource and tri-count cost is through the roof for it to be considered not applicable.

What I’m looking for is geometry-based/skill-based feedback, not feature/product-based ones.

1 Like

Are there any parts inside the model that are not completely aligned with the orientation?

No, all of the parts follow the primary part’s orientation.

Hmm, could you send me the model so i can see if something’s wrong?

Did you find any solution to this? I am having the same problem