Beautiful Roads Plugin (deprecated)

Done vs. To-Do List

Will be finishing up the last features and start the final testing of Beta 0.4 tomorrow :slight_smile:
Releasing it on Monday if all goes to plan.

2 Likes

Making a turn lane in under 30 seconds thanks to the new side buttons in the Extend Lane UI coming in 0.4 :wink:

10 Likes

When I go to the tutorial link it comes up with Oops! Something went wrong. - YouTube

This is incredible! Thanks for your contribution :smiley:

1 Like

Updated the link :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh0XEHEU9WjrkX_4Qj5TZeis0BAcK3LAw

1 Like

0.4 Changelog

Beta 0.4 of the Road Plugin has been released. Here's the full changelog!

New

• flat roads are rendered as normal parts
    • triangles still used for banking or turning elevation changes
  • Straight sections are one part
  • new buttons in lane UI to extend node group horizontally
  • asphalt rendered at lower resolution (60%) when turn angle is less than 30°
    • better asphalt resolution optimization coming in the next update

Changed

• lanes are deleted as soon as red line is clicked when using Delete Lanes interface
  • new node is selected when extending the full width of a node using Lane Extend
  • New Lane tool auto-detects lane direction based on node orientation to prevent incorrect roads
  • Plugin will delete any plugin-created lines left over from Studio at game runtime and when place is opened
  • Lane extend UI updates as nodes are rotated using the rotate tool

Fixed

• small gaps between triangles when road banked quickly
  • old RemoveNodes scripts are updated automatically

When comparing my Diverging Diamond place on version 0.4 vs 0.3, I got a 30.2% reduction in part count.

5 Likes

Congrats on the release of 0.4!

1 Like

Since the latest version of the plugin, I could no longer get vibrations on the straightaways.

1 Like

The next update will be focused primarily on some physics optimizations and customization features, such as a lower resolution physics model that should increase physics performance, as well as per-line settings to adjust the size and length of dashed lines.
I will also be trying to make the UI more accessible to new users over the course of the next updates until the official release.

1 Like

That’s the goal haha - make the roads as smooth as possible.

This is quite possibly one of the most impressive and selflessly dedicated plugin projects I have witnessed in my time on this platform. The Roblox community deserves better roads, and I tip my hat to you sir for giving it to them.

4 Likes

All of a sudden, an incline didn’t generate properly.

Screenshot:

2 Likes

Publishing a bug fix as we speak!

3 Likes

We REALLY need a new plugin for road creation here on Roblox and this will be awesome to see!

5 Likes

Why would you want to delete presets? Their only there to help.

A better preset management system is on my to-do list.

2 Likes

Approaching the curves at high speed, I encounter vibrations.

Image(s):

1 Like

Is the corner banked or is it flat?

1 Like

It’s got to be smooth and flat.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ve addressed the issue on the devforum before, but to clarify:

I will be tackling this issue for 0.5 :slight_smile:

4 Likes