Audio filed failed to load (18) error

It happens to me in my test place for my Notoriety revamp too (sometimes). I don’t have much information but its really random.

1 Like

I’ve also been getting quite a few complaints about sounds sometimes not loading over the past few weeks (I also experienced this problem at one point). Usually what happens is people are suddenly unable to hear any new custom music on their boomboxes, along with possibly the game’s main background music as well - they’ll only be hearing the basic Roblox sounds (such as character movement). At first I thought players were just having bad internet, but it seems like the problem is affecting a wide range of games and players regardless of individual connection speed.

1 Like

there is a flag that will be turned on tomorrow that will give more details about sounds failing.

2 Likes

Alright unfortunately flag can’t be turned on this week.
However, for those of you familiar with setting fast flags, an you set this flag:

FFlagSoundLoadAsyncFailureDetailed

to true and screenshot what the errors look like? Thanks :slight_smile:

(there’s a @Maximum_ADHD plugin somewhere that does this…)

yup

5 Likes

I made an attempt fix yesterday. I can’t reproduce this problem myself. So tell me if you still get this error.

yep

could you check this folder if you are in windows? Never mind if you already closed the application.

Thanks for your help. Are those file exist when this error happened?

We enabled flag FFlagSoundLoadAsyncFailureDetailed.
This should print out the error audio file path. It will be a great help if anyone can take a screen shot of the error message and ContentProvider folder when this happens again.

Thanks!

1 Like

someone reported this to me

(edit)
happened again in studio

here’s all the files in the directory
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx2SZzHEOpgnNGlyQW04Vy00bHM

I think this will only happen after you open both RobloxPlayer and Studio and then close one of them. We will fix it in a few weeks.

1 Like

I’m assuming the staff has figured out how the issue occurs now?
Here’s a screenshot of the error happening in-game just to reconfirm.

https://i.gyazo.com/455aa5c76dce59b8d2a594f6c15154ef.gif

1. Did you have both the game client and studio open when this happened?

2. If not, next time this happens: can you open the folder specified when this happens, and see if the file is in the folder mentioned?

Yea both studio and game client were open.

That’s likely it. Please post again if this ever happens with only one of the two open.

Studio will clear that folder when it is closed. I think this is why RobloxPlayer can’t find those files. If this is true, this will most likely affect only developers who use studio often. We have made a fix which will hopefully publish this week.

1 Like

A fix for this bug became live a few weeks ago. Anyone still have this problem?

Haven’t encountered the issue so far yet