Audio previews often fail to play

are you using the new or old MS edge?

Finally, someone brought this up! Itā€™s a huge issue. It is so annoying when looking for and ID, because you donā€™t know if itā€™s the glitch, or the audio itself.

Iā€™ve had this bug forever, but I managed to fix this by downloading a google chrome extension and it fixed this. I donā€™t know what the extension does to do this but it forces the audio to play for me. That only for me though.

I am using the new Microsoft Edge. Technically I am using the google chrome extension, therefore it should work on Chrome (Edge is compatible with chrome extensions now)

My Browser: Get to Know Microsoft Edge

Better Roblox (Is fully compatible with the new Edge): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/btroblox-making-roblox-be/hbkpclpemjeibhioopcebchdmohaieln

I would definitely recommend trying this, it appears to work a dream for me and fixes the issue entirely! Like I say, I think it should work with Chrome, but I have not tested that.

Edit - This does work with Chrome, confirmed by @abde749

2 Likes

I also have problems playing sounds, but that is in studio.
Instead of hearing the actual sound i hear more clones of the same sound playing at the same time.

Yes, it does work with chrome.

I had that issue when a script was running to play intro music in my game - It would start playing then start playing again, so the same song twice, slightly out of sync (Super annoying!) . I just changed the script a little bit and managed to sort the issue. Not sure if your experiencing the same thing i was.

For me it happens when im playing sound in the toolbox

On my laptop, which has the old MS Edge, the audio all works fine. However, on the same computer, chrome doesnā€™t load any of the audio.

Something to note with Internet Explorer is that it consistently plays audios encoded by .mp3 or .wav but it can not preview any audios that were uploaded as .OGGā€™s due to the browser not supporting Vorbis.

The old MS Edge just like that for me.

I had allowed automatic downloads for roblox.com on Google Chrome and the audio was working just fine. Try doing that and see if it works.

1 Like

Your friendly neighborhood @WebGL3D has recently started looking into this. The problem is very technically involved, so we canā€™t really give a timeline for a fix here. I just wanted to leave a reply saying this has been on our radar for a while.

19 Likes

Just popping in to say Iā€™ve got the same issue. Iā€™ve tried three browsers on my laptop (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox), and none of them are able to play any audios.

My desktop PC does not have this issue, however, and in about a week when I get back to it from vacation I will do some testing to see what might be different about it.

hi sorry im late
I think itā€™s fixed now, can somebody check for me???
should be fixed:

• Chrome (desktop)
  • Firefox (desktop)
  • Internet Explorer (desktop, mp3 only)

still not fixed:

• Mobile (e.g. inventory page in mobile app, rip)
  • Internet Explorer (wav, ogg files)

did not check:

• Edge
  • Other known browsers???

any other issues pls post here

21 Likes

:triumph:

16 Likes

After a few minutes of testing about 100 different audios, I can confirm the issue is no longer present.

2 Likes

I can also confirm that I am no longer receiving the issue. Thanks for finally fixing this issue! (:

3 Likes

Iā€™m using the new version of Edge (Chromium Edge) and can confirm I am no longer experiencing the issue.

The issue is fixed on computer. On mobile safari I am still having issues.

1 Like