Audio previews often fail to play

I’m rolling the dice by previewing audios until one actually works, really frustrating.

In addition: for me, this only occurs when it’s UGC, not an audio by Roblox.

2 Likes

This website bug has existed for quite a long time, I’m hoping that such a well-known bug will be fixed soon. There isn’t any way I’ve noticed to predict what ends up working, but here are a few where I noticed it doesn’t work (picked randomly from suggestions)

https://www.roblox.com/library/130768805/ROBLOX-Theme-10-sec
https://www.roblox.com/library/249245977/The-Final-Fight
https://www.roblox.com/library/364016456/Marble-Zone-Remix-NicoCW
https://www.roblox.com/library/536915629/Bomber-Barbara-Sonic-Rush-OST

Does somebody want to test them and see if the problem is per user? I’m curious to know if it’s different for other people or if it’s the same all around.

3 Likes

I cannot hear any audio at this point. I’ll try switching to a different account to see, but I don’t expect anything to be fixed. And no, couldn’t hear those either.

1 Like

I have this issue too, sometimes when I click audio preview button it often fails to play so, I thought it was my internet being slow.

Thank you for reporting this!

1 Like

Do you have any extensions enabled? If so try disabling and try again.

I’m furious that this post was created in 2018 and this issue still actively persists and has a reproduction rate of about 85% of the cases.

10 Likes

I don’t know what happened but now about 20% of the time, the broken icon splits in half and swaps elevation with the copart. How on earth that is happening I’m not sure.

1 Like

Bumping this because this issue is still not fixed.
I am using Google Chrome without any extensions enabled.
Re-installing the browser with deletion of all browser data doesn’t fix anything.

When is this issue going to be fixed? It has been placed here on the Developer Forum almost 2 years ago. Does it take so long to fix this?

5 Likes

Yeah, this issue is one of the most frustrating ones. There are absolutely no steps to reproduce this, it just happens at random. Here are the only things I 100% know about this bug:

• Absolutely at random with no repro;
  • If one audio fails, any other will also fail;
  • This automatically gets fixed after some time. This is only temporary, after a day or 2 everything fails again;
  • This happens to only 1 person at a time, everyone else can play any other audio normally;
  • The bug also happens on Windows 7.
4 Likes

Didn’t work, I decided to get BTR for this issue. And BTR makes it work.

1 Like

This has been a real issue for a long time and refreshing dosen’t work for me. The only way to guarantee audio to play is to go into Studio, put the id in an audio object, and preview it that way. I hope Roblox fixes this problem. :disappointed:

2 Likes

This is still happening until this day, when will it be addressed? I’ve noticed it doesn’t work in Chrome, or Yandex. But you can preview sounds in Roblox Studio without any problems.

It’s been a while since you could preview audios. Some audios can be previewed, I think it might be based on what file type the audio is. (ogg or mp3)

I’m still having this issue to this day in 2020. From what I’m reading through these responses, it seems to be an issue with chrome which is unfortunate as it’s what I use as my main browsing tool. Hopefully in the future there’s some sort of fix for this, rather than having to swap to different browsers just to listen to a snippet of an audio.

Seem to be having the common issue of pressing the play/preview button and it’ll change for a split second then instantly return back to being paused. For now I’ve just been taking audio ID’s and placing them into the studio and previewing them that way, it’s tedious, but it’s better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully there’s some sort of fix on the horizon.

2 Likes

On Chrome, it fails to download the preview somehow and I have to manually download it instead and place it in cache in order to work around this.

2 Likes

I use Firefox and still have this problem, so it does not appear to isolated to just one browser.

It’d be nice to get an update on this bug report as it’s been up for quite a while.

4 Likes

Audio Previews works for me:
Additional info:

• Using Microsoft Edge (Chromium 80.0.361.109) 64-bit;
  • I don’t have any browser extensions;

I think that the preview does not work due to the fact that audio is being downloaded in the background. I waited and it worked for me.

This is getting pretty annoying. This post has been here since 2018 and it still hasn’t been addressed. It sometimes works and then doesn’t. Having to go to Roblox Studio to preview is way more work then it should be.

4 Likes

The only solution to this problem seems to be to disable all addons on your specific browser or just use a different browser which doesn’t have any addons on it. The main thing is to not have ANY addons on your browser, then it seems to work.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm, not entirely sure I agree. Ever since ive installed BTR (Better Roblox) onto my browser (i’m using the latest Microsoft Edge), the songs never fail to play. I would recommend trying this. It comes up like this if BTR is playing it…