Audio Toolbox - Incorrect Search Terms + Glitched Categories

Currently if you try searching for things in the audio toolbox, Roblox will often show you irrelevant results, many of which have bugged categories.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open up the toolbox and go to the audio category
2. “Show unverified creators” can be true or false.
3. Search up random keywords (examples blow)
4. Observe how many of the sounds will have weird category names, and preview many of the sounds, being irrelevant and not even closely named to the search term.
Extra: Some sounds also display their duration as 0:00 despite definitely being longer than that.

Examples:

Notice how many of the sounds don’t have a name even close to the search term I put.

5 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database for this issue and will follow up when we have news!

Thanks for flagging!

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for reporting these problems:

1. Observe how many of the sounds will have weird category names, and preview many of the sounds, being irrelevant and not even closely named to the search term.

There are major improvements for audio search coming soon, we’ll announce when these are available, stay tuned.

We also have a fix in progress for the category names in progress.

Extra: Some sounds also display their duration as 0:00 despite definitely being longer than that.

We’ll look into this, thanks.

2 Likes

Can we have an option to use name-based searching as we had previously though? Perhaps a checkbox similar to the “show assets by unverified creators” one.

It could be
“Use advanced search” and set to true by default.

If disabled, it would only search via name, and if enabled it uses the new tools you’re implementing.

1 Like

This should no longer be an issue. Are you still having problems?

Doesn’t happen as often anymore from my experience. That being said I’d like to know how I can specifically search for string-relevant result (EX: if I search “explosion” I only see audio with the word “explosion” in it)

Id also really like this option, its a big nuisance to search for stuff on toolbox

October 2024. This issue is still occurring, and it is really annoying. I can never find what I want in the audio library. It always brings up irrelevant results.

Whenever I search up something, all of the top results are just things that are SOMEWHAT related to what I typed. And a lot of it is just random music that happened to use some related word in the description or title.

For example, just search up “bell” and basically none of the results are bell sounds.

1 Like