Audio Upload Consistently Failing

Audio uploading through the Asset Manager is consistently failing with an internal server error, preventing me from uploading new sounds to the game I am working on:

Trying to upload through the website is also not possible, as it says “Wrong Format” despite the file type being listed as one of the accepted formats (.ogg):

I’ve tried this even with audio that I successfully uploaded not even 2 weeks ago, and it still fails with a 500 error. This started yesterday and is still happening today.

System Information:

• CPU: Intel i9-10850K @ 3.60GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
  • RAM: 32.0 GB

Expected behavior

I’m expecting the audio to upload successfully. I am confident this is not on my side because audio that uploaded successfully in the past is also not uploading correctly. Even if it was, I should get a relevant error and not a 500 status code.

4 Likes

I think this is related to some kind of outage. I haven’t tried uploading any audio, but alot of sound effects in studio just don’t load…

It’s not an approval problem because these audio IDs were upload ages ago, and still work fine in my live games.

2 Likes

Perhaps, although I am not currently having any trouble loading sounds or assets (and I didn’t yesterday either).

2 Likes

I noticed this hours before the actual outage was reported (or even started showing). You can also find a few posts in #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support mentioning this, but I can also confirm I have been getting ‘500’ errors when trying to upload any sound/audio to my game.

Hi there,

We identified an issue with one of our systems and things should be resolved now – please let us know if you’re still having issues uploading audio.

1 Like

After restarting Studio, I am still experiencing the issue (not sure if the fix has been deployed yet).

Gotcha, thanks for the response. We’re still digging into this and may have identified another issue – I’ll update here when we are fully resolved. Sorry about that!

3 Likes

Alright, how about now? We think we’ve resolved the other issue that was affecting audio uploads from the asset manager.

4 Likes

Works now! Thanks for the quick response.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.