Auto Anchor Plugin

Auto Anchor Plugin

Get Auto Anchor

Auto Anchor can be obtained for free on the Roblox website:

About Auto Anchor

Ever get frustrated that you forgot to anchor your parts? You’re not alone. This plugin was made to automatically anchor new parts in the Workspace. Extremely simple, but extremely helpful.

This plugin is updated regularly and more features will come in future. Feel free to make any suggestions.

Lead Developer: @LegendOJ1

Plugin Description

When activated, Auto Anchor watches for parts that have been inserted into the workspace. When it detects a new part in the workspace, it will automatically set the anchored property of the part to true. This means parts are automatically anchored when they are inserted.

This plugin works with all types of parts, including MeshParts, Cylinders, Wedges, etc. It also works when inserting a part inside a Folder in the workspace, instead of directly inside the workspace.

The plugin is regularly updated and is currently on its first version, therefore there are a lot of planned updates with new features. Community feedback is greatly appreciated and I use it to make new updates to the plugin. For example, the most recent update which allowed parts inserted inside folders to be automatically anchored, was suggested by a user of the plugin.

The community response to this plugin has been great and everyone has agreed that it is a big time-saver, especially for those who have a habit of forgetting to anchor their parts. The plugin has a lot to come and will likely expand from what it is right now.

Patch Notes

If you want to keep up to date with the updates on this plugin, and view what we’ve got planned next, feel free to view our patch notes.

In this post, we list every change we make to the plugin in order to inform the plugin users of what’s new.

Feedback

If you have any questions about the plugin or want to suggest anything to add, feel free to contact me via messages on the Developer Forum. Feedback in the form of comments and reviews are also appreciated and everyone’s feedback will be used to improve the plugin.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does this plugin automatically anchor all parts in the game?
By default it will anchor all newly inserted parts and there is an option to anchor all parts in the game.

I’m an animator - will this break my rigs?
The setting to anchor rigs is turned off by default, therefore Auto Anchor will not affect your rigs. However, if you did want to anchor rigs for whatever reason, there is an option to allow the plugin to anchor rigs.

Does it still work when it’s closed?
Auto Anchor is turned off by default, however, the plugin will run in the background as long as the “Active” checkbox is checked. This means you can close the plugin in the plugins toolbar, simply by clicking the icon, and parts you insert will still be anchored automatically.

If I mess up, can I undo?
The newest version of Auto Anchor supports undo, therefore if you make a mistake with auto anchor (particularly the Anchor All button), you can revert it.

Should I keep updating Auto Anchor?
The newest version of Auto Anchor will include the newest features and bug fixes; you should always update your plugin when given the option.

What’s stopping me selecting everything and anchoring it?
You’re right - nothing is stopping you! This plugin won’t be for everyone, and it’s not meant to be for everyone, though a huge majority of people who install the plugin do find it useful. Everyone will have different opinions on whether the plugin is useful to them or not, and the 9000+ users using Auto Anchor actively are greatly appreciated.

Fake Plugin Warning

There have recently been a lot of fake plugins posing as Auto Anchor on the plugin marketplace. To be sure you are installing the correct plugin, ensure your plugin is created by me (@LegendOJ1) and it takes you to my profile when you click the creator. The correct link to install Auto Anchor can be seen above, and this is the only official link.

When installing my plugin via Roblox Studio, look out to make sure the plugin is definitely created by my account. Plugins that are not created by my account may be posing as me and likely contain malicious content. Happy building! - LegendOJ1

Showcase

Click here for a showcase of the plugin

Upon installing the plugin and launching Studio, you’ll see the plugin icon in your plugins toolbar.

When you click on the plugin icon in the plugins toolbar, a GUI will appear on your screen. You can move this around as you please. This GUI only has one button at the moment but it will expand as the plugin gains more features.

When the “Activate” checkbox is checked, new parts inserted inside the workspace (or in an object inside the workspace) will be automatically anchored, as seen in the video below.

When the “Activate” checkbox is unchecked, parts inside the workspace (or in an object inside the workspace) will not be automatically anchored. In other words, this checkbox is essentially a button to toggle the plugin on/off without having to close it and reopen it every time.

The plugin will run in the background after the first time activating it, as long as the checkbox beside “Activate” is checked. If you uncheck the box and then turn off the plugin in the plugins toolbar, the plugin will NOT run in the background. This is to add support for those who want it to run in the background, but also supporting those who only want to use it when they have the GUI checked.

Last Updated: November 12th 2021

23 Likes

Question 1. Does It Automatically Anchor Everything In Game?
Question 2. Is There Any Settings?
Question 3. Does It Cause Lag?

1. At the moment, it automatically anchors new parts inserted into the game. However, it does not anchor existing parts. This will be changed by an update in the near future which will allow support for existing parts.

2. In the same update mentioned above, we plan to add settings to the GUI in order to make it only anchor certain things, etc. Settings will be an essential thing to have when we add support for anchoring pre-existing parts.

3. We have done quite a lot of testing on this and we’ve found that it should not impact your Roblox Studio by causing lag. At the moment, since the things it does are so small (simply anchoring new parts), it will not cause lag. As we add more features such as anchoring existing parts, it may become more laggy and if so we will make sure that we code it in an effective way before we release the update. All updates are tested a lot before release in order to ensure the update is ready to go for the community.

2 Likes

Quick question, is there like a setting that allows you to only anchor the (new) parts/meshes/wedges, etc. in a specific folder/model? That would be a nice feature to have.
Besides that, the plugin has the potential to be frequently used by the builders in this awesome community. Wish you the best of luck with future development! :slight_smile:

Hi there! At the moment, there is not a way to select a specific folder to automatically anchor parts into; it just anchors parts inserted into any folder. I really appreciate you suggesting this feature and I think it’d be a great addition to the plugin. I’ll be sure to make this happen in an update coming in the near future. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This looks really helpful. I also love the Adobe themed logo. I can’t wait for the next update. Also can you make it so that we can add a whitelist when you allow us to anchor everything? So that way I don’t accidently mess up something.

What’s stopping us from doing this:

And that it anchors every part? No, not helpful. A majority of games need unanchored parts, for example, for rigs and falling objects/physics objects.

There isn’t really a way to determine if someone wants something anchored or not.

4 Likes

This seems extremely helpful especially since I forget to anchor my parts. Then everything comes crashing down and lags ._. I have a question though. Is / will there be a way to minimize it or push it off to the side to avoid having a UI on screen while building since it doesn’t seem as small as something like F3X.

I’m not sure if plugins are still active while they’re closed because I don’t know that much about plugins ._. I’m dumb. I know.

Will there be an option to blacklist certain parts from getting anchored? I’m talking about parts that rely on unanchored behavior w/ constraints.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on what you usually do with Roblox’s building tools.

I usually create all the static objects and put them in the workspace, and everything else is created through code when I need it. For me, this plugin is extremely helpful even without any additional settings. There’s too many times when I forget to anchor things in workspace, where I only intend to have anchored things anyway.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t want all my parts anchored. Some things are meant to be unanchored. Maybe have some sort of setting for this.

It’s a small timesaver for people who use anchored parts more often than unanchored parts in builds. Also, it doesn’t anchor every part, only new parts.

2 Likes

Maybe a hotkey switching between unanchored and anchored mode

2 Likes

At the moment, it only anchors new parts inserted into the workspace and as users have the ability to anchor the workspace it seems unnecessary to add a feature which anchors everything. I understand that most games need unanchored parts, and I’m a scripter myself so I know this. However, many builders often forget to anchor their parts and so it will be helpful to them. Like most plugins, it won’t be useful for everyone.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is a great idea and I’ll be sure to implement this in a future update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I do plan to add an option to do this, along with more configurable settings which should allow the plugin to be of more use to people who don’t need to automatically anchor certain parts.

The plugin will run in the background as long as the “Activate” checkbox is checked. This means you can close the plugin in the plugins toolbar, simply by clicking the icon, and parts you insert will still be anchored automatically. This will hide the GUI. If it would be helpful, I can also implement a minimise button.

Of course, in most games, there are certain parts which need to be unanchored in order for them to work properly. I plan on adding configurable settings which will allow people to select certain parts that they want to be anchored, etc.

If I add a feature which anchors everything, there will be some sort of whitelist/confirmation before doing so to prevent you accidentally messing things up.

4 Likes

Hi, can you add an anchor toggle option, you know how the Toggle Light plugin works and shows every light object and allows you to interact with them, it would be really helpful if you can make something like this so by a click of a button I can see every unanchored or anchored part pretty easily