Auto Translate for All, More Languages, and New Feedback Program

oh wait so this doesn’t affect me at all, I already had this, but would be good if there was auto translate on more languages.

1 Like

This is going to be a great help for the people that dont understand their friends language!

1 Like

I wish we have “Translation unneeded”, especially for images (and videos).

This feature was in software that creates Android App.

Hi there! Can we expect this functionality to transfer over to Avatar Marketplace Items? Considering over 50% of Roblox users don’t speak English, I would love to have my items titles’ and descriptions translated to other languages.

4 Likes

What game was it if you don’t mind telling me? I’ve been getting reports from developers who have enabled it that Polish has very much degraded in quality since the developers themselves enabled it. A lot of games are also manually localized so you might be mixing those two up.

3 Likes

This is really disappointing there is lot of arabian people playing roblox but yet no Arabic support, why?

3 Likes

This update is great!

I used it on my older experience (which had to be discontinued due to recent Brand guidelines)
There can be SOME mistakes as some users in the past pointed out due to lack of context, but other than that it’s decent!

1 Like

I’ve enabled Auto Translate and I can see the translated strings in the localization editor, but when I attempt to test play my game in Spanish (The language that I enabled Auto Translate on) everything stays in English.

Did you switch your Roblox’s language? It doesn’t switch automatically. You can find it either in your settings or at the bottom of each page:

1 Like

Yes, I did. I set my players language to Spanish in the test section in studio.

1 Like

Did you enable localization and publish an update? Once published, localization only updates for the newest servers.

1 Like

Can you expand on this? Do you need this because otherwise it always looks like there are untranslated assets/strings for your content?

1 Like

We’re discussing this right now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah. And this is potential way to stop messy translation before they does.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you! I can only think of positives that this would bring and am glad to hear you guys are discussing this!

5 Likes

It was the latter, but thanks for the response anyways for the clarification.

1 Like

I haven’t received any reply of my application still.

1 Like

Hey there! We’d love to support more languages, but the right-to-left languages require a lot of engineering work for our engine to support. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Just wanted to update everyone on the Translator Community – we’ve added the first batch of members, and you should have access to post in the private devforum category! We’ll continue to expand the community, but we may wait a few weeks until the next batch while we figure out how we want to set things up.

You can keep sending applications (please include a Talent Hub portfolio for easier review and consistency), but there may be a little bit of a wait until we get around to your application.

6 Likes

The automatic translations for gamepasses in my game have never been updated, causing products to have incorrect names/descriptions, any way for me to get that fixed? Game link: [UPD2 + x3🍀🌊] Sword Simulator - Roblox