Auto Translate for All, More Languages, and New Feedback Program

I appreciate translation tools being added, but I have a big problem with text capturing in my game since a while. I added many new text, and the automatic text capture is not capturing all the new text since months now.

I have a test version of the game that is identical, and in that game, text are getting captured. What could be wrong ? I made sure the “Automatic Text Capture” is turned on already.

Game where text are not captured: 🌵 Survive and Kill the Killers in Area 51 !!! - Roblox

Test game, identical to above, where text are getting captured: [ Content Deleted ] - Roblox

For now, I have to use the test game’s translation file and upload it to the main game everytime, which is very annoying…

1 Like

What if there is secondary source language…

@Caelestene Current Translation Hub has experiences that unable to translate. Would be nice if able to filter out these.

We uploaded a CSV with several new languages yesterday and they still haven’t shown up in the game even after publishing. Is there some sort of time frame until the cloud localizations become available? The texts are all already listed in the localization hub.

1 Like

Hi there! Can you submit a bug report under the Bug Reports section with a link to your game, your csv file, and information like repro steps and repro rate? We can work on debugging what’s going on in that thread.

1 Like

Hey there! A few follow up questions:

1. Can you elaborate on what experiences you are unable to translate?
  2. Regarding secondary source language – how would a secondary source language work? As in some of your source strings are in English but other source strings are in Spanish? If that’s the case, we will recommend that you use one language for your source strings. If you do want different languages, they we would recommend using the localization APIs + keys to swap out your strings.
1 Like

1: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/3218090919/localization/translation?activeTab=strings
2: My game’s original source language is Japanese, but machine-translation is unable from JP. Then, let it machine-translatable if there is second source language e.g. EN text exists there.

1. Can you elaborate on what you’re not able to translate? For example, share screenshots
  2. As mentioned in the post, we currently only support English to other languages for Roblox Translate. But we are working on a multi-lingual model for experiences where the source language is not English.
1 Like

1:

1 Like

Hello, I still need to be added to the community translators group!

1 Like

Hey there, just to clarify, are you saying that for game passes, auto translations never appeared at all? Or are you saying that you’re expecting the auto translations to be updated (because they currently do not update automatically).

1 Like

Hi there, your application is currently incomplete as your creator page on Talent Hub is not public. I think there are some moderation/text filter issues, so you may need to re-edit your profile and re-submit.

The next batch of members will be added in the next few weeks, so we will get back to your application in a few weeks. Thanks!

4 Likes

Sheeeesh. This update looks hella fine

1 Like

Or are you saying that you’re expecting the auto translations to be updated (because they currently do not update automatically).

That is correct, I am expecting them to update automatically.

1 Like

I feel like i remember when arsenal had this feature.

2 Likes

i still can’t believe it :sob:

4 Likes

Hi, I have sent a message and applied regarding the Translation Job!

I applied to the program because of the importance of translating, the feedback would be of great benefit.

I’ve turned on auto-translation for all supported languages but all of them are staying at 0%. I also have ‘Automatic Text Capture’ turned on. Any help on what I might be doing wrong?

Arabic should be fully translated fr

2 Likes