AutomaticCanvasSize not updating when ScrollingFrame is NOT visible

As you can see the ScrollingFrame doesn’t enable scrolling even though there are certainly a lot of children inside of the ScrollingFrame itself, this issue is occurring with AutomaticCanvasSize, I’m also using LayoutUtil.

From my observation the ScrollingFrame will only update it’s “CanvasSize” when a new child is added AND the ScrollingFrame itself is also visible

when I made a duplicate of a TextButton while the ScrollingFrame is NOT visible it’s “CanvasSize” did not updated

however when I made a duplicate of a TextButton while the ScrollingFrame is visible it’s “CanvasSize” updated

This issue has become worse after this FFLag was enabled

Usually the CanvasSize would fix itself when user input is detected but now it doesn’t do anything at all.

UI BUG.rbxl (39.0 KB)

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are many problems with AutomaticCanvasSize and this seems to add to the long list. These issues don’t seem to be getting fixed either…
I was working on a new major version of LayoutUtil which provides methods for handling the CanvasSize automatically without using the property; you could see this on the 3.0 branch in the repository on Github. For now, I’d recommend just using some of the CanvasSize code from there.

1 Like

Hi @RuizuKun_Dev , thanks for your report! This seems a similar issue to this too.We will be working on this issue and get you unblocked asap!

2 Likes

Hi @CharlieGordonnn, do you have any updates on this? I’ve been working on other features and waiting for this to be fixed, I had to postpone a lot of GUI work due to this bug.

I might have to use iiNemo’s solution but I’d rather not to waste my time on workarounds and fixing bugs that are not caused by myself.

Hi @RuizuKun_Dev , we have recently had the fix for it, which is currectly in testing, we will roll out the update as soon as the testing is done.

3 Likes

Has this been fixed? I’m having the same Issue, I’m not even using automatic size for the same reason, I scripted the behavior myself, the canvas size changes but the scrolling wheel (Canvas Position) doesn’t identify the canvas size change when the frame is not visible, it has to be visible for the scrolling frame to identify the changes, I don’t even know what to do at this point.

Hi @Sci_Punk , we already have the fix in testing process, hopefully we can roll out the update soon. Thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work, can’t wait :).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.