AutomaticSize randomly no longer works properly with descendants

Reproduction Steps
Just create a frame with AutomaticSize enabled and place a child frame within that frame, and then another child inside of that one. Size the frames using Offset and position the last descendant frame underneath the parent frame.

Repro File:
AutomaticSizeIssue2.rbxl (39.5 KB)

Beta Features:
Just for clarifications sake, in the image provided I have “New Icons / DPI Aware Studio” enabled, but the issue happens even with no beta features enabled.

Expected Behavior
The top ancestor frame should resize appropriately whenever descendant UI objects are added - and it used to behave this way until very recently (unable to give an accurate time frame but I only just found out about this happening today). In the repro file you can see that the top ancestor frame only resizes to fit the immediate child.

This change has caused some of my existing UI to completely break. Most notably, one of my popular plugins is left in a very unusable state now due to this issue.

Actual Behavior

The top most frame is red, the child is blue, and the child of that child is green. The purple coloring reveals visually that AutomaticSize is only scaling to the immediate children, but I expect for the red frame to be resized to fill the space all the way to the bottom of the green frame.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

Edit: Got more information on the time frame. Users are reporting that my plugin UI functioned properly within the past 12 hours as of 6:54 PM CT November 21st, 2022.

4 Likes

Noticed this happening today in the same time window. Someone could correct me with different findings, but it seems to be happening only in studio and not live games.

4 Likes

This issue appears to have been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.