AutomaticSize Studio Beta

It was a very nice feature for me, I look forward to soon release

sorry about my bad english

9 Likes

Nice UI! Thanks for sharing your project.

6 Likes

When using a ScrollingFrame with AutomaticCanvasSize enabled, and a UIGridLayout inside the ScrollingFrame, the size of the canvas will ignore the UIGridLayout’s CellPadding, or any other type of Padding, and cut off some children of the ScrollingFrame.

2 Likes

Hi @KdudeDev - I created a ticket to investigate this issue. Thanks for the report and for trying out the beta!

3 Likes

Hello all! I have exciting news - AutomaticSize will launch (out of beta) on Tuesday, Feb. 16th! Be on the lookout for a forum post announcing its release.

Thank you all for the bug reports and feedback that you’ve provided during the beta.

Have a great weekend!

9 Likes

Great to hear, I plan on re-adding it to my game when its released.

2 Likes

Awesome! All the ScrollingFrames in my game use this feature. Thanks for the work on this!

1 Like

Can’t wait for this to be released. Not sure why it’s still in beta, would be nice to see some clarification.

1 Like

Hi @fuzzy_bit - if all goes well, this feature should be coming out of beta today! We’ll be sure to post an announcement when the release occurs. Thanks!

4 Likes

For the v459 fix in studio “3. Resolved an issue with UIGridLayout and UIAspectRatioConstraint where frames were being sized smaller than they should.”, will this be pushed to live clients? We are receiving endless reports from our players about the sizing being messed up, and this issue started occurring today. The AutomaticSize property is not enabled. Thanks!

Studio view:

Game view:

Layout:

5 Likes

yeah uh what’s going on lol
uigridlayout and scrolling frames are broken right now

1 Like

Hi @Shawnyg - thanks for the report, we’ll take a look ASAP.

3 Likes

Hi @rachjumper - thanks for the report, we’ll take a look ASAP.

2 Likes

Hopefully the issue gets fixed! Me and a buddy are going to make a killfeed with this feature, never noticed these bugs. Worst case scenario we make a function to size it manually, although that wouldn’t be very enjoyable.

@rachjumper @Shawnyg can you confirm which games these issues are occurring in?

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

@rachjumper @Shawnyg appreciate your patience. Working to resolve this for you - should have an update shortly.

4 Likes

Hi @rachjumper @Shawnyg - can you please confirm if the issue is still occurring? You may need to quit roblox and/or rejoin the game.

4 Likes

It’s fixed in Emergency Response: Liberty County (the game Shawnyg reported), thanks for the quick response! :grinning:

3 Likes