AutomaticSize text gets cut off, bounds calculated incorrectly

Small update: I found that it also breaks without UIListLayout

When using a UIScale combined with a UIListLayout, and a TextLabel with AutomaticSize = Y, the text may sometimes be cut off, not displaying all the lines:
Left is a frame with UIScale in it, and right is a frame without UIScale (using the exact same sizes, setting Object.Size = UDim2.fromOffset(AbsoluteSize.X, AbsoluteSize.Y))

The left frame has its text preemptively cut off, not displaying all three lines as it should.

The reproduction place can be found here:
ReproductionPlace.rbxl (58.9 KB)

Expected behavior

I would expect both labels to display the full text content with both UIScale and UIListLayout objects, not cutting off any text.

9 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Update: a more minimal reproduction file

I found that the bug does not require a UIListLayout object in it for the bug to occur. Simply offsetting the texts position can cause this bug:
Not only that, but even the second line gets cut off if positioned even further down:

Here is the updated reproduction file, with all three textlabels:
ReproductionPlace.rbxl (59.3 KB)

1 Like

There is an incredible amount of bugs with TextLabels & AutomaticSize & TextWrapped & TextFits combined with other UI tools like UIScale, it is currently horrible to work with anything TextLabel or UI.

I’ve also noticed that despite having TextWrapped on, sometimes it doesn’t bother showing the whole sentence despite the possibility of making a new line, very infuriating. And TextFits is marked as true in these cases, just like OP. Automatic Size is on and it should make another line.

Hopefully this bug gets fixed as soon as possible

5 Likes