AutoVehicle is an automatic car rigging plugin that rigs cars in just few clicks. This is a great plugin for beginners and modelers to quickly and easily rig their cars to test them out or even place them into game without any scripting knowledge, it also saves a lot of time.
How To Use
Step By Step Instructions
- Create a new
Cylinderand resize it to any size you want, it’s recommended that the size of the wheel on x-axis is 1 stud.
- Duplicate the
Cylinder3 times and place them to look like a base for a car.
- Create a new part and name it “Indicator”, make sure that it faces the direction that the car will go.
- Group all of the wheels and rename the group to “Wheels”.
- Group all the parts of your car so its just one model containing “Wheels” and “Indicator”.
- Name all the wheels accordingly.
- Select your car model and click on “AutoVehicle” button.
- You can adjust the settings by selecting “Chassis” in your car model. (It uses attributes).
- Play test
- You can add more stuff to your car as long as you don’t rename important instances. You don’t have to weld stuff as it’s done automatically for you. You can find more information on how this plugin works by checking out the “Documentation” section.
Wheelsmodel contains your custom wheels.
Indicatortells the plugin on how to rig your car.
Chassismodel contains the rig generated by the plugin and it also contains settings that can be modified in real-time.
More info will come out soon.
Feel free to share your feedback on this plugin, as I am looking to improve!