Avatar not loading in body color when equipping costume

Earlier this week and even today, I equipped some avatars of mine to wear and maybe change my icon on the Developer Forum or just because I feel like it. Anyway, when I went to equip my astronaut costume on the Avatar page, it didn’t load in the right colors that I expected it to be, which made me confused.

Not really the best description, but just the colors not changing when equipping the costume, ain’t eh bug happens on the Avatar page when you try to load in colors or equip some sort of avatar that you have saved.

This bug started happening 2 to 3 days ago and even today.

Videos:

Pictures:

Maybe related in some way.

I didn’t find a way to reproduce this bug or to not happen it, but just maybe change back colors that were previously on the avatar, but it will take longer than having it instant load colors of the avatar.

35 Likes

Weirdly if you try loading it 2 or more times it does load the colours correctly :thinking:

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

4 Likes

Hey! Looks like the bug has been fixed, tried to switch avatars with different body colors and they gave the correct body colors.

So resolved. :+1:

4 Likes

Perfect. Thank you. If this issue begins to occur dont hesitate to file another bug.

6 Likes

This issue does not appear to be solved. I tried to switch to another outfit on an alt and it kept the different body colors even though this outfit doesn’t have clothing since it uses body colors. I had to manually change the body color.

12 Likes

I have also experienced this recently. Also, when you change your avatar, it doesn’t even change where it’s supposed to show in the avatar editor.

4 Likes

I am experiencing an issue similar to this.

Start of issue: Thursday 03/25/2021.
Type: Website, Desktop.
What happens: Body color that is on a “my” costume isn’t applying when equipping. The skin tone panel and avatar viewer still shows the old color that was manually picked not the one associated with the costume I picked. It also isn’t correct the skin tone in a live game.

Misc: I haven’t been able to replicate this issue on the mobile app.

5 Likes

I also have this problem. As far as I know, this just started.

3 Likes

Same here, I also have the problem. A while ago I had to click on the costume a few times to get the body color to change, but now it doesn’t even change the body color at all.

3 Likes

I get this bug too. Really odd when trying to edit avatars.

2 Likes

I’ve also been experiencing this issue with avatar body colors.

I’m assuming the recent update to Roblox left us with this bug and the annoyance of having to manually change colors.

As far as I know, the issue began on Thursday. This also appears to only be an issue on the Roblox website, I tested it on the Roblox app from the Windows 10 store for desktop and the bug was not present. I also tried it on mobile and the problem wasn’t present there either.

With this in mind, I believe the problem is being caused by a backend server issue on the Roblox website. Hopefully, the wonderful developers at Roblox will get this fixed soon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The issue is back again, I repeat the outfit and doesn’t load the correct colors again, My friend is also experiencing this issue too, repeating the outfit won’t change skin tone, i refresh this and it didn’t work, this is really annoying now, It still occurs now
I tried auto clicking and it didn’t work too. I think because People are blaming Adopt Me Because several games were broken and sites were always slow all time.

2 Likes

Issue is still happening to me currently.

7 Likes

seems to be happening to me, but this time my rig also doesn’t change.
the avatar image itself also doesn’t update until i refresh the page, even after clicking the redraw button.

9 Likes

Avatar settings (Height, width, etc.) also don’t seem to transfer.

9 Likes

Me too, I really don’t get it? whats the problem, something in roblox code?

5 Likes

I can also confirm this is happening to me. It’s not changing my R6 and R15 toggle, body scale, skin colour, headshot, ect.

6 Likes

This has started happenind to me too, I think it’s an issue with Roblox’s rendering servers.

5 Likes