AvatarEditorService Public Release

Just letting you know that I’m still experiencing this issue, unfortunately. It appears to be a specific problem with my account, as saving identical outfits on alt accounts worked perfectly, but my account still can’t save the exact same outfit. Thanks for any help debugging this!

Does this happen to you when creating outfits on the website as well as using the in-game avatar editor?

I used to never be able to create new outfits on the website either, but now I get an alert that I’ve reached the maximum number of outfits I’m allowed to make, so that was the issue. After deleting one, I was able to create a new one. Thanks!

Yeah, our demo is just ignoring this error but it is possible to display an error based on the returned Enum.CreateOutfitFailure:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/enum/CreateOutfitFailure

1 Like

Perfect! I really appreciate all the work you’ve done on this service

UPDATE : The avatar teams have plans to address this issue!

how to fix this

You need to “Ask for permission” from the player first

https://create.roblox.com/docs/avatar/characters/avatar-editor-service#requesting-access

I am aware? this is after they press yes, and it only happens in studio.

@TheGamer101 Is there any way to get access to these functions? Otherwise I would have to build an API proxy and use the Catalog API.

Greetings

1 Like

NOPE, which is a major pain as I have already been through making my own proxy/outfit system. Catalog function can’t come soon enough, it’s a little unfair that only certain devs have access to it right now, it will stink having to remake my outfit system in game but worth it if the new functionality is more functional than what I have now.

3 Likes

Now with the ability to edit our clothing layers, this has become out-of-date. When loading a saved outfit with custom clothing layers, it ignores the clothing layers and equips the outfit as default.

I am trying to search the avatar catalog from a server script. However, I get an output stating that ‘AvatarEditorService is not yet enabled’. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Avatar Editor Service | Roblox Creator Documentation

AvatarEditorService:SearchCatalog(catalogSearchParams)

@TheGamer101 Are you able to provide an update as to when we can expect such functionalities to be available?

I find it slightly odd how the SearchCatalog call works find when testing this in your demo place, but when I saved the place to myself the ‘AvatarEditorService is not yet enabled’ output appears. This leads me to believe that access to this is still restricted.

SearchCatalog is not enabled yet for AvatarEditorService

How could I do All asset types for GetInventory?

RobloxStudioBeta_hb1ropiGsq

I keep getting this error when searching for over 18+ asset types. (works when 18 or lower, by asset types I mean Enum.AvatarAssetType)

This seems to be working for me. Can you send the code you are using?

Sure, here is the main script that is handling the inventory access and reads user’s inventory

local assetData = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.AssetData)
local avatarEditorService = game:GetService("AvatarEditorService")

avatarEditorService:PromptAllowInventoryReadAccess()
local result = avatarEditorService.PromptAllowInventoryReadAccessCompleted:Wait()

if result == Enum.AvatarPromptResult.Success then
	local pages = avatarEditorService:GetInventory(assetData.assetTypes)

local function Iterate(page)
		for _, asset in ipairs(page) do
			print(_, asset.Name)
		end

if not pages.IsFinished then
			pages:AdvanceToNextPageAsync()
			Iterate(pages:GetCurrentPage())
		end
	end

Iterate(pages:GetCurrentPage())
end

And here is the module, containing all the asset types

local assetData = {}

assetData.assetTypes = {
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.Hat,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.Face,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.Head,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.Shirt,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.Pants,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.Gear,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.HairAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.FaceAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.NeckAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.ShoulderAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.FrontAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.BackAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.WaistAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.TeeShirtAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.ShirtAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.PantsAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.JacketAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.SweaterAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.ShortsAccessory,
	Enum.AvatarAssetType.DressSkirtAccessory
}

return assetData

If I remove any of the 2 asset types from the module, it will load them all. Otherwise it gives me the 404 error.

Currently, there is an issue where if you use GetInventory with too many asset types at once it fails because the query parameters go over the max length allowed. I have enabled a change today that should allow slightly more asset types before hitting this limit however it will still be possible when requesting enough asset types. We will be fixing this on the backend side in the future by making a new endpoint where we pass the parameters in the body of the request instead.

1 Like