A_z, o_O, Reese_McBlox, 1IrnmO0_O0IIILll11, The_Dude

Can’t w8!

builder_man is my dad :o

So now I can add more usernames to my list. I currently have more than 50. :slight_smile:

:uhhh:
Why did you not save up 50,000 more and DevEx?

Someone already leaked it.

Is this what the maintenance is for?

edit: nvm? Maintenance over?

:uhhh:
Why did you not save up 50,000 more and DevEx?[/quote]

I honestly don’t know. I’m hoping that one day I make so many username changes that when people hover over the username thing they’ll have to make new bounds for the page lol.

1 Like

Wish it was closer to April so I could call fools on this. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not happening this week.

I do hear what you’re saying about sniping. As I said in the first post, we have longer term plans for old name recycling.

You are going to have filters for names like:

(List of bad names in confidential tag)

right? I would hope so.

@Guest: If people want to get around the blacklist, they’re going to get around the blacklist. If you block assstomp (that used to be an account) and ass_stomp, they’ll just make it azzstomp, azz_stomp, or a variety of other names. The only thing you can do is delete them whenever they’re reported.

Also, make sure that they are willing to give up the name (ex: email owner or something). I would prefer to keep my old accounts, also I don’t want someone having the username “FromLegoUniverse2” or “FromLegoUnverse”. Other cases is a general issue with SourceSans is that I (i) looked like l (L), so Wsly owns WsIy, I own NarbraWalters and NarbraWaIters, and my friend VoltiCoil owns VoltiCoiI, VoItiCoil, and VoItiCoiI.

[quote] Wish it was closer to April so I could call fools on this. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not happening this week.

I do hear what you’re saying about sniping. As I said in the first post, we have longer term plans for old name recycling. [/quote]

please give a bit of notice before putting it live. i really need to know if I have to stay awake til 5am one night or something.

also, it might be a good idea to unlock the feature for changing usernames before turning on registrations with underscores after 24 hours or so. stops people from “sniping” names since they can only have one.

1 Like

Could we possibly have the option to release previous names of ours into the public domain?

I changed my name to SucculentPotato for an hour once as a joke, and now no one else is able to use it because of that. I’d love to release it back into the public domain and remove that silly name from my profile.

After discussing this with some others in the office, I’ve concluded that this feature is not something you want to announce. The clear benefit to adding underscores is to maximize the chance that a new ROBLOX user picks an untaken name when they go to first sign up. Name sniping is by nature going against (what I assume is) the goal of adding underscores in the first place.

Can someone think of one benefit that announcing underscores has over invisibly enabling it?

1 Like

Nope. There are none.

Nope. There are none.[/quote]

As soon as just one player finds out, it’s no different than you guys announcing it. More people probably check the forums than the blog, and word spreads quick on those forums.

Letter “ñ” should be added in my opinion. Since I live in Mexico, and I don’t want to bring up some characters to the name creation. I just only request the letter “ñ” if it’s possible :stuck_out_tongue: .

I did talk about how if they wanted to increase the pool of names for new users to pick from that accents would help that even more.

The problem with non-English characters is now it’s impossible to search for that person in people or use it in scripts (i.e. if person.Name == “nañe” – how am I supposed to type “ñ”?). Most people don’t have a keyboard for every language, but everyone who’s on ROBLOX has a keyboard to type English characters.

1 Like

[quote] The problem with non-English characters is now it’s impossible to search for that person in people or use it in scripts (i.e. if person.Name == “nañe” – how am I supposed to type “ñ”?). Most people don’t have a keyboard for every language, but everyone who’s on ROBLOX has a keyboard to type English characters. [/quote]you should be using user ids anyway, usernames can change.