Ball Physics Simulation Calculation problem

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’m trying to make my own ball physics simulation.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’m having problems with my phyiscs/math calculations.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I did look at a lot of website and physics explenation but i’m not really good on the topics

Hello, I’m Rask I’m currently remaking my own Ball physics since roblox one isn’t the best for a competitive game and it’s easier to have full control over the physics and it’s also cause i’m doing client replication. The physics is handled on server with heartbeat however i’m having quite some problems. The ball rn is pretty basic it’s just going down cause of the gravity and it get each frame more accelerations, if the raycast on the ball hit something the i inverse the velocity so it go in the opposite direction. But rn i’m having an issue with this cause of if you repeat what i explained before, multiple time the ball gonna go up down multiples time until it has lost most of his vel, then it should in theory stay on the floor however i’m having quite interresting result where the ball phase through the floor. (gif). I can provide my code if needed but i’m kinda stuck here cause i’m not really good with math and physics either. Thanks

https://gyazo.com/f9701dac9fc7dec2771c796bf1bfc958
the red arrow represent the raycast server side

2 Likes

Hey did you ever end up figuring this out? I’m trying to do something similar.