Banners in devforum

This is a small feature and not that hard to implement. If theyre gonna not make this feature because “we need to focus on other stuff” then im not sure how they even focus.

Well yeah. Its at the first line of the topic.

1 Like

My point still stands. Adding banners shouldn’t be a priority.

There are many other thinga that should be put in front of this.

2 Likes

Ye pretty cool idea indeed this will be a cool feature as Roblox Devforum is robux free. [Just an idea.] Players get banners from devforum challenges and stuff The top 3 winners can submit there own ones or Roblox made ones
just my idea

I dont want it to be compotetive, but nice idea.

1 Like

This is already a built in feature of discourse. They are called Profile Headers. DEV REL disabled them thought. So if they do want this to be re enabled all they need to do is check a box (quite literally).

1 Like

so stop saying “they need to focus on other stuff then”

I wasnt aware, ty.

They don’t want it.
They want you to focus on your topics, and not your profile.
I think it’s actually way more contributive to have detailed topics, and not profile distractions.

2 Likes

Discourse has banners by deafult, Roblox disabled them.

They’re actually still hardcoded in

There’s also User Cards, which would be nice to have

User Cards and Banners are different, not that having User Cards wouldn’t be a bad thing to also have enabled if we have this enabled again

2 Likes

Would you rather have a fancy banner on your DevForum profile or have Regular Promotions return?

I think my point is proven since I already know your answer to the question above.

As some others said, stop saying “they need to focus on other things”.

They had enough time & still do to bring back stuff like the Regular promotions and they didn’t.

I think it’s better to have half of something instead of nothing.

3 Likes

Lets face it, theyre NEVER gonna bring it back, its obvious, atleast take the half.

some people do, and they dont want it because “they need to focus on other stuff” which isnt true because this feature can be reenabled in a few steps. If these few steps are affecting the process of “they need to focus on other stuff” again, how are they focusing then.

I dont think its distracting.

2 Likes

Why are you replying it to me? I didn’t say that it takes a long time to enable?
I just want to say, DevForum shouldn’t become a social media with too much distractions.

1 Like

Discord is a social platform, the forum is not.

1 Like

That’s my opinion on the matter. You can’t just say “don’t state that opinion because its wrong”.

At this point DevRel hasn’t made the DevForum a priority lately.

Its not as simple as that.

Sure, its a flip on switch but moderation system for reporting inappropriate banners will have to be put in place which will be tok much effort for a small cosmetic change.

I’m going to step away from this thread because its clear that people in this thread hate hearing opinions that counteract their own.

2 Likes

They can modify it to make it images only from roblox.

My point still stands. Extra effort will be put into place for something that doesn’t really benefit the DevForum as a whole besides making profiles look better.

I’m not saying your opinion is wrong, but as @Abcreator said, the DevForum is a forum, not a social media platform.

I doubt it would even need much effort

Other forums have this?

We should just get a flag button, and have the ability to upload directly. I cant stand uploading images to Roblox, and I likely wouldn’t use it, that would also take much longer to add

It’s a default Discourse feature, Roblox disabled it

2 Likes

Sorry, but we cant turn this forum to be innapropriate, be grateful we dont have roblox filter in this forum, they only dont allow you to post stuff like N word, but thats ir

1 Like