Baseplate template causes 100% HTTP 403 error after being published for future attempts to edit the place

Started a few minutes before posting this report, so September 13th 2020 around 4:40 PM EST.

After uploading the Baseplate template to a place of mine with the intention of starting a fresh project environment, I got locked out of editing the place. The thumbnails get replaced with image deleted thumbnails and any attempts to edit the place are met with an HTTP 403 Forbidden error followed by the forced closure of Studio. The place id in question is 5652153784.

It is worth noting that the place is owned by a group where I have dual access: one owns the group that hosts the game and another has the group game management permission enabled for the role. Both accounts are met with the same HTTP 403 forbidden error. This occurs 100% of the time presently.

The bug only locks developers out of editing the place, not overwriting it with a different project file.

Obligatory image of the error:

Reproduction steps (or at least the steps I followed that got me here):

1. Open a blank project file (Ctrl + N) or select the Baseplate template in the New → All Templates window.
  2. Select Publish to Roblox and publish it. In my case, I published it to the place above. I required Game Settings access.
  3. Modified game settings. Window wouldn’t close due to the soft locking issue.
  4. Force closed Studio with Task Manager, had no other way to terminate the instance.
  5. Attempted to edit the game. This is when the bug started.

* Steps 3 and 4 are potentially optional and a repro attempt can be made by directly closing Studio after publishing rather than editing Game Settings first.

Log for my most recent attempt to edit (5:00 PM EST, September 13th 2020).

6 Likes

UPDATE: I published over the place linked in the OP with a place containing content and am no longer experiencing the HTTP 403 error. The thumbnail has also been restored to a generic place thumbnail rather than showing up as deleted.

That being said, I attempted to reproduce the error by following the exact same steps as outlined above and the error returned. With this, I conclude that it’s not an issue of my actual place but rather the template places that are corrupted upon publish. Specifically the Baseplate template. Attempting to reproduce this issue using a different template (e.g. Flat Terrain) did not return 403s.

I’ll be updating my report to reflect this.

FOLLOW UP: This bug no longer occurs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.