Be able to vouch for other devs and show "References" from other developers

As a developer, it’s great to be able to display the projects you’ve worked on, but I think it’s also of interest to employers to see how you were to work with, from the words of the person who employed you. What better way to do that than to allow your colleagues or employers to “comment” or vouch for your work.

From first hand, I certainly know the value of having your employer express the quality of your work and work ethic and I figure that this will add additional value to the Talent Hub, as it will mean potential employers will be able to look for reputable developers who have been vouched for by other employers.

I can also see ways this could be potentially misused, so I figured that a good suggestion for implementing the system could be one in which the user can toggle the visibility of certain comments they’ve received, and there can likely be safeguards implemented to prevent spam or flooded negative comments. Overall though, I think employers would greatly benefit from being able to see this information, as having a guarantee of a workers reliability from other reputable developers will serve the platform well.

45 Likes

Some people may use this to hide all of them except for some reviews that are extremely positive.

Hey!

Agreed that a creator feedback system would add a lot of value for people using Talent Hub. Also agreed that it’s a feature that could be misused! This is definitely something we’ve been thinking about for a while now. I’m not sure what form or release date it takes yet, but rest assured it’s on our radar.

Thanks

13 Likes

This is the only part I do not agree with. People should be able to comment their experience being it extremely good or extremely bad, that way other people may look at them and decide to hire someone or not. A better idea for preventing misuse could be a report button :black_flag:

Another similar opinion ↓

3 Likes

I’m actually arguing the opposite viewpoint in that post. I’m arguing for employees being able to rate present/former employers, not the other way around. If someone is a horrible boss that’s a nightmare to work for, future potential employees for them should know that beforehand. Though in all honesty, both should be supported.

1 Like

That’s actually a great idea, and reminds me of how AirBnB does it. You cant rate the Host if you were the guest, and the Host can rate the guest too. That way both sides know if it is a good idea to work with or comission someone else

5 Likes

Additional to this “reputation” rating system there should also be a response rate rating. Too many times have people who are looking for developers just left the application open without replying.

2 Likes

This is a good idea!

However, I find it unfair to developers who were employed without using the Talent Hub/Developer Forum in the past, and won’t be able to get the rating their employer would give because they don’t have the proper access. I, for example, have had plenty of people that I’ve worked with previously that would love to give me a rating but can’t because I found them and got employed elsewhere, which puts me at a rather unfair disadvantage even if my work is good.

1 Like