Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

I am exceptionally pleased that we are getting an official avenue of hiring and commissioning talent for our projects, this is a very good step forward for developers looking to form teams.

Though even with this, I feel like we’re still a long way from fully realized development teams till we actually get some way to directly transfer funds to someone or to a group without losing 30% of the robux to taxes. This is the biggest thing, stopping a lot of developers that don’t wish to risk losing a lot of money just to hire or commission someone.

3 Likes

I see this as an issue as I use a pin on my account for additional security because of how easy it is for someone to get into your account on roblox (which is rather unfortunate and I think roblox security and account management needs a large overhaul because it feels incredibly outdated). If this is going to be the case can we get a secondary non-parental pin that locks things even while signed in as an extra layer of security?

This is doubly problematic for this reason:

I highly encourage you guys to roll out a secondary account pin before September 1st, or remove the account pin restriction from talent hub. Specifically we need a pin that locks some access to your account even while logged in, not one that is bypassed by being already logged in (such as locking changing account information, seeing account information in settings, editing games (this one is more of a maybe, but I would be happy to see it), trading items, managing groups, and leaving/joining groups).

I probably won’t be using it unless this issue is resolved as I won’t sacrifice the already pathetic account security.

3 Likes

That’s how you know if you got in or not.

1 Like

A payment method like Fiverr’s would definitely be useful.

2 Likes

Sounds as a good idea, maybe suggesting it here?:

1 Like

The ability to rate a listing/developer on the Talent Hub is of vital importance. I already see a few listings on there from developers I’ve had poor experiences working for in the past and it is vital for potential applicants to know what it’s like to work for someone before they apply. @peraldon

Allowing potential applicants to get in touch with former employees of the poster of a listing is absolutely critical.

13 Likes

A staff just said that they’re both the same thing, here:

1 Like

You’re wrong. We’re talking about the account PIN here. Please look up what we’re talking about before trying to respond.

Roblox is working on releasing proper TOTP support: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/2sv-authenticator-beta/1294082

This will eliminate the need for developers to use PIN at all, since PIN doesn’t provide real security. PIN is meant for parents to stop kids from changing settings. It has low entropy (4 digits, static) and is not designed from ground up as a security feature.

7 Likes

This is quite good to hear. I’m glad Roblox is isolating Talent into one space. We started by hiring names displayed in game descriptions, to hiring off of the forum that use to be on the Roblox page (for those of you that remember), to a collaboration topic in Dev Forum, and hopefully to a home in the Talent Hub.

I do prefer the separation of the Dev Forum and Talent Hub, but hope another topic is added to replace loss of traffic from the collaboration topic.

I have noticed some Projects have a link displayed that clips into their Skills/Links section of their Creators Page within the Talent Hub.

TL;DR- yayyy, more information less space!!!

1 Like

While this (TOTP) prevents people from logging in even if they know the password, does it prevent someone that’s already logged in or gains access to your computer (sibling or lets say someone installed a RAT on your computer) from changing anything? That’s what I want I want security while already logged in (mainly because of how bad roblox’s security is, I mean cookie loggers affect a ton of people, and while I hope I’m smart enough to not install some random stuff on my computer, if it happens to sneak in, I want to be secure). You can’t even see the account email without entering the pin, so what you said about an attacker being able to reset the pin with the email is unlikely. The biggest downside is the 4 digits.

4 Likes

So cool. I can’t wait to see this fill up with creators over time.

If I had any feedback, I’d love to see more creators in one page. I only see maybe 6-12 currently depending on the page. Loading also seems slow but that might be just Roblox acting funky right now.

23 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a bit invasive though? Especially for minors, wouldn’t it be a bit much to make them show that kind of thing?

2 Likes

Are you saying having a pin on your account is not allowing you into this talent hub? I only have it on so if I get hacked no one can change it

1 Like

what?! i cannot use this because of the pin. i didnt add this to my account for parental reasons i did it to up my security so if i got hacked my pass cant be changed. this isnt good. im not disabling my security to use this. please re do this. a lot of us use the pin to keep our accounts safe. just block accounts that are under 13, dont have a verified email, havent been on roblox for longer than a year and have parental controls enabled on the account (such as disabled chat or messaging functions). the pin should not be considered a parental control.

3 Likes

Great and great again! I can’t wait for the Talent hub to open to all developers! :star_struck:

1 Like

This is such an awesome addition to the platform and I can’t wait to see how it grows. Congratulations to all the team members for pulling through with this!

One thing I noticed that kind of bugged me was how the ‘find creators’ search bar doesn’t support actual user names. Is this a bug, and are there any plans for it to be fixed/changed?

6 Likes

For users that use the account PIN for security reasons, will the restriction possibly be removed soon and replaced with a better one instead of relying on the account pin?

1 Like

This looks like a super cool thing! Can’t wait to start posting there but will have to wait a few weeks because I broke my arm recently.

I don’t even understand what’s the point on only showing verified developers (and with no way to self-verify). It’s not necessary to hide everyone else. A checkmark next to someone’s name should be enough.

I feel like this discriminates smaller developers because many devs aren’t willing to risk their account security to see unverified talent hub posts.

2 Likes