Beam Effect is Live!

Hey Developers,

In the spirit of the holidays we are excited to announce a brand new feature: the Beam effect! This effect enables you to create a variety of awesome visual spectacles that were previously not possible on our platform.

Here are a couple examples of what you can do with this sweet new feature:

We wanted to end 2017 with some exciting platform updates for our community to use! We look forward to seeing all the amazing creations from our developers and hope this latest addition will help power new ideas.

Finally, here’s an amazing video from @Maximum_ADHD that shows off some of the amazing things you can do with the Beam effect:

Happy Holidays,

Developer Relations and Developer Services Teams

160 Likes

am i using this right

edit: upon further use of this product i can confirm that i am using this right

158 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Memes, Puns & Meme related GIFs Thread

Definitely.

Is it time for crusade yet?

you know i had to beam it to em

32 Likes

This is LIT!!! Great job guys!

3 Likes

I’m happy inside. :slight_smile:

mmmhmm-ah-yes-ah-yes-indeed-thumb

3 Likes

Oooh, hadn’t considered it until now but this came just in time for a project I’m working on! May work really well as an animated waterfall!

1 Like

IS THAT !@#$%^!@#$ING LIGHTNING?

13 Likes

I can strongly affirm that we are indeed doing this the right way.

EDIT: This was pretty much counterproductive…

39 Likes

Great feature!

50 Likes

:thinking:

14 Likes

Here are a couple of real applications of the beam effect from me “testing” it from the past week.

Lifesteal beam

Healing beam

32 Likes

Now everyone can experience the full power of the dark side… :smiling_imp:

:zap::zap::zap::zap:

4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/YW7ZBfo.gifv

4 Likes

:tada::tada::tada: Finally, high-speed realistic :zap:electricity :zap: is possible!!! Thanks guys!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

1 Like

Woooohooo! Thank you Roblox!

9 Likes

Super cool! I have a use for this in a far-future project. I really like how Beams can curve, too.

My only gripe is that super-wide beams don’t always render if the two attachments are off-screen.

Gfy

https://gfycat.com/DentalHeavenlyAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam

8 Likes

2017-11-20_15-49-40
Such Good Feature, Much Like it.

16 Likes