Beam Effect is Live!

Lovely!! Been waiting for a feature like this for such a long time!

Finally! I canā€™t wait to start making particles in my gameā€™s market using this new particle type.

(Beam me up scotty!)

I made a beam of water

80 Likes

Im trying to make a boatā€™s wake

Iā€™ve finally made the cape object of my dreams (please-a no steal-a)! Itā€™s only static at the moment though, the only actual bonus it has is the subtle curve. Anyone wanna help me come up with a method to animate it? Iā€™ve tried constraint physics already and they look way too messy. Iā€™d try Humanoid animations with a special cape part but Iā€™m too busy at the moment.

Also hoping that Beams get a LightInfluence parameter in the future.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you could animate it easily by lerping the bottom bit of the cape.

You can sort of make cloth with it

9 Likes

you mind passin that water texture ?

7 Likes

Iā€™ll fix it.

11 Likes

Yay for capes!

6 Likes

adding some rotation to the bottom part to complement its movement may also help give the effect

2 Likes

Could you tell us how you did that? Thatā€™s awesome!

This is epic! So many possibilities can be done with this! <3

Perty!

Made some aurora belts, this update is bringing a whole new level of atmosphere!

https://gyazo.com/147bb888d1e1e38c7c241d793223a9d4

52 Likes

Hereā€™s a cool concept using the new Beam Effect. Scrolling text. Itā€™s probably a trivial thing to do with it, but I found it pretty cool. Take a look,

a5c8a55bca90eff1435c140b953043b0

19 Likes

2017-11-20_22-13-56

I was trying to figure out the colors on the rainbow beam in this picture were not moving; it turns out that the color effect on beams changes the color 3 of the texture, but the color value doesnt indicate a moving color sequence on the beam. Maybe beams should come with a default texture so this is less confusing

10 Likes

Sweet, I guess Iā€™ll try find a use for this.

I can confirm your doing it right.

I can confirm your not doing it right.